Monday, November 7, 2005

It's amazing the things you'll find to do when a book is finished

So, I've been a good girl and sent away my manuscript on time and I'm now unemployed. So what does a person do when they have a book finished?

Well, there's catching up on all the e-mails from all the varying loops you're on... done that...

There's posting messages to old friends on the eharlequin boards and seeing what everyone's at... also done...

There's that ever time consuming chore of googling oneself to find out where one's little books have managed to turn up next (sneaky little darlings)... done (for at least half an hour)...

There's going to all the foreign sites belonging to your publisher to try and read in a foreign language if any of said sneaky books are out somewhere you've never visited before... done (though not always understood)...

There's visiting and texting friends who you hope are still friends even though you've just completely ignored them while you were writing your now finished book... done and forgiven...

There's things like spring cleaning and laundry and household chores... but hey, are they going anywhere I ask you???

There's joining the fashion trend that is blogging which is great seeing as I've never been any good at keeping a diary.. ta-da!...

So, what do you do when you finish a book and send it off???

Answer: You go play with another one.....

Conclusion: I really do need a hobby...

1 comment:

Donna Alward said...

I'm first! I'm first! Yay me!

Yep, you start another one. After I finished TBTSNBN, I told myself I was taking a whole week to NOT write. Then who opens her big mouth but YOU and I lasted all of three days thanks to your brainstorming! LOL Let me know what you want to work on next so I can procrastinate some more!

Lubs ya