Friday, December 30, 2005

Lovely Surprise to end the year!


I had a lovely surprise this week when a good friend of mine e-mailed to say that my first book, The Bridal Bet, had been nominated for an award with Romantic Times. It's all the more of a treat becasue one of the other two in the category is my wonderful friend Natasha Oakley. Two newbie Tender/Romance writers!! How cool is that? And how much of a tap on the back is that for the editors who continue to be so supporive of what we are writing! And without it sounding corny a nomination is plenty reward for me! It means that someone somewhere read the book and liked it and that's why I write after all...

Okay... back to the drawing board. I'm having a try at a book for a different line and I have to say it's a nerve-wracking experience. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes so you can see that the journey is never smooth! I just thought it would be nice to write something different, to see if I can stretch myself a little and keep those creative juices flowing... We all have to try and stay fresh in our own individual ways...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all... and my first resolution? Try to update this blog more often....

No comments: