Monday, January 23, 2006

I got tagged!

7 things I cannot do:
1. Jump big giant fences on my horses
2. Heights. Big time. I get sick as a pig. So no ferris wheels, bungee jumping, abseiling, hang-gliding or sky-diving for me. Ever. Far as I’m concerned if we were meant to jump from great heights God would never have invented gravity…
3. Find ‘Little Britain’ funny
4. Say something good might happen without crossing my fingers.
5. Make the first advances to a guy I like
6. Use a public toilet without wiping the seat first.
7. Walk past a crooked picture without wanting to straighten it

7 things to do before I die:
1. Learn how to fly a helicopter (which contradicts the height thing but I’m a girl and contradictions in personality are in the handbook…)
2. Tour America in a camper van
3. Ride on a cattle round-up with real live cowboys
4. Learn to ski
5. Travel the world and meet all the author friends I’ve only ever talked to online.
6. Be the correct weight for my height
7. Have a love affair that touches my soul

7 things that attract me to men:
1. Sense of humor that matches up to mine
2. Tall – any height that means I can wear heels without feeling like amazon woman
3. Dark eyes
4. Strength of character
5. Ambition – not just the monetary kind but the kind that means they’re always interested in new things
6. Determination – because I’m terribly good at walking away
7. Youthful thinking – cos being silly sometimes shouldn’t end when you turn thirty!!!

7 things I say most often:
1. Seriously
2. Does anyone know where I left…? (insert; keys, shoes, cup of coffee, letter I meant to post, nail file, back up disc, remote control…)
3. Shut up! (in the nice modern way when I don’t believe something).
4. I’d love to – but…
5. You know what I mean
6. Or something along those lines (at the end of every synopsis I try to explain to my poor editor)
7. Stand! (to my horse who never does)

7 Books or Series I love:
1. The ‘Kay Scarpetta’ series by Patricia Cornwell
2. The Anne Of Green Gables books
3. Anything that Lori Foster writes ‘cos I want to meet a guy like that one day! Seriously.
4. “Emma” by Jane Austin
5. The series that tells Darcy’s side of Pride and Prejudice by Pamela Aidan
6. “Enlightened Equitation” by Heather Moffatt
7. Those teeny books you get with funny quotes about cats

7 movies I can watch over and over:
1. Pride and Prejudice
2. The Village (beautifully shot!)
3. While You Were Sleeping
4. The Princess Bride (the sarcasm is to die for)
5. Stargate (what can I say, I’m a sci-fi nut)
6. An old David Niven Film where he’s a Second World War Pilot and he lives when he shouldn’t have ‘cos an angel misses him in the fog. Shot half in colour/half in black and white and if anyone can find me the title or a copy I’d be deeply grateful…
7. Bridget Jones’s Diary (anyone who has ever worn big pants will understand why…)

7 people I want to join in (tag, you're it):
1. Nicola Marsh – Aussie writer of fantabulous chick-lit flavored romance
2 Lori Foster – ‘cos wouldn’t it be great to have one of my heroines join in…
3. Fiona Harper – newest signing to the Romance line!!!
4. Donna Alward – a great friend who any day now will be a name to remember!
5. Natasha Oakley - wonderful English author I drink wine with in London
6. Liz Fielding - the nicest most talented lady you could hope to meet!
7. Ally Blake – sparkling, vivacious, too-good-looking-for-her-own-good author who got me into this in the first place! Can you tag right on back??

3 comments:

Liz Fielding said...

Done it!

allyblake said...

You can tag whomever you please, my sweet, especially when you say such nice things. (BTW your pay off is in the mail ;))

I love your lists. You cracked me up with your comments re Little Britain - ditto!, public toilets, and the books about cats.

This is too much fun!

Ally
(Can I add 'Gilmore Girls' to the list? We are only at Luke and Lorelai getting together now. Sigh... Ooh, and West Wing. Josh and Donna keep me in romance ever time I see them.)

Trish said...

Read it Liz! - Soooo with you on the giving up chocolate five minutes before!

Have you gals done the D thingie and the 'Act your Age' tests? They're cute...

And this from the girl who hasn't done cute tests since High School...

Ally - consider Gilmore Girls and West Wing added in next induction!!