Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Pink Hearts and Other procrastinations....


I’ve been thinking some more about this campaign idea… Yes, some of us will think up all kinds of things when we hit that ‘saggy middle’ in a book…

One of the things I come up against when I’m asked ‘what I do’ is the ‘old fashioned’, media generated and very unfair, I think, impression of the genre. I read a lot of other authors work and I think to describe it as ‘old fashioned and dated’ is terribly unfair! So while avoiding my saggy middle I wondered how do we get around that? And the simplest solution I could come up with was, yet again, to tell your friends about it! Word of mouth is still as strong a recommendation these days as it was before the Internet came into being. And how can we modern thinking, democratic women quickly dismiss something without actually having read any of it?

We’re not looking to write Pulitzer Prize winning material, well heaven knows I’m most certainly not! But, for me, if someone can buy a book and forget about the troubles of everyday life while they read it then that has to be a good thing, doesn’t it? If it leaves you with a smile on your face and a good feeling inside then that’s as much of a reward as I would certainly ever ask for.

What do you get from reading a romance? What made you go out and pick one up off the shelf? And did you then say to anyone ‘that’s a good book, here have a read’ when you were done?

Are you ready to display your pink heart with pride????

No comments: