Sunday, March 26, 2006

Just as well really...

You Should Be a Romance Novelist

You see the world as it should be, and this goes double for all matters of the heart.
You can find the romance in any situation, and you would make a talented romance story writer...
And while you may be a traditional romantic, you're just as likely to be drawn to quirky or dark love stories.
As long as it deals with infatuation, heartbreak, and soulmates - you could write it.


Saw this over on Kate Hardy's blog and had to have a look see. And NO I didn't cheat. I have this thing about karma...

Taking a bit of a break today to go see Il Divo live in concert.

And they can sing too!!!! Sigh......
So that means no more word count til tomorrow and no more blog til a couple o days time. Try not to miss me too much! Though I may have to come back and have a bit of a gripe about this book. Because its been making me insane!!!

3 comments:

Ehle said...

I took that quiz and got Science Fiction writer. I'm sitting here scratching my head thinking, "Huh? How'd that happen?" So I took it a few more times, cheating with no remorse, and I'm still getting Science Fiction writer. The quiz gods are against me today!

Throw me a dash of your karma, if you please.

Trish said...

Hi Ehle!!!I am just checking the wind direction and then willing that karma your way...

Mmm... mind you... there's a big surge in sci-fi/paranormal romance these days... Maybe the Karma guru is trying to tell you something???

Mind you... I could do with some Sci-Fi help with my wip. In fact any help. In fact, a miracle about now would be GREAT!!!

Ehle said...

Thanks for the karma! I think I'm feeling it pouring in already.

I love to watch sci-fi and fantasy... but I can't say I like to read it a whole lot. Believe me, I've tried hard to enjoy it, and sometimes I do. But I wouldn't consider it my all-time favorite genre. And as a sci-fi writer, I suck horribly. It takes a lot of imagination to make stuff up. It's easier to just point and laugh at things that already exist. ;-)

Good luck with your WIP! I'll see if I can't garner enough sci-fi karma to send your way when the breeze shifts again.

A teacher once told me if I'm ever in a situation where I don't know the meaning of a word, to ignore it and replace it with "wagon". (This was an English Composition teacher, by the way. I grew up in an area where education was about as important as controlling air pollution -- as in, not very.) I never applied this technique to reading, but I've found that it's useful in writing. Especially when I'm stuck on a scene and doing anything at all to keep from moving forward. If nothing else, this gives for some pretty memorable lines which make me laugh out loud during the edit. Just imagine: "the WAGON of her desire" "'You're such a jerk,' she said WAGONly" "I pressed up against his WAGON and felt a warm rush WAGON down my spine".

What do you do to keep moving forward when everything in your brain and fingers is telling you to check your email, update your blog, paint your nails, watch TV, play solitaire, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera?