Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Release of the Pineapple


And here it is... the book that so many people who know me will know I refer to as 'The Pineapple Book' because writing it felt, quite simply put, like giving birth to a pineapple. It was a painful experience!
But they do say that the ones you find most difficult to write are quite often the ones that prove most popular... I shall leave that to you. I myself, like the cover! It's set on the County Down coastline and apart from the blue sky (which we so rarely see here) I think the cover encapsulates the beauty of the place so, so well. And it's the second book I've had that had the input of the art department in the U.S. so my characters look like they should. Tall, dark haired Sean and the auburn haired Maggie...
I sincerely hope the story reads better than it felt to write... But then, in fairness, I was ill at the time. (I'll take any excuse...)

6 comments:

Donna Alward said...

Seriously. SHUT UP.

THis book is amazing, it made me cry loads. All your angst and hard work was worth it, trust me.

Sheesh.

JENNA said...

PINEAPPLE?

Trish said...

lol Jenna!!

Picture a pineapple... with that pointy top still on it...and then think about giving birth to it...

THATS how it felt writing this book.....

Dee said...

congrats

Trish said...

THANKS DEE!!!

And welcome to the temporary moments of insanity often available in this blog....

allyblake said...

You do realise that we are all hanging out for this book big time. I can't wait the month it'll take to get down under. I can't!

But I will...

Looking forward to it big time!