Tuesday, April 4, 2006

MAJOR NEWS!!!!!!!!!!


JUST GOT THE NEWS!!!!!!!!

My first ever book The Bridal Bet has WON the Romantic Times Award for Best First Series Romance!!!!!

Am I chuffed????????????? YES I AM!

Am I shocked????????????? HELL YES!

Did I go all weepy like a small child????? YOU BETCHA!

This book has been an absolute charm for me. I started it when I was eighteen, wanted to be a writer and wrote everything with pen and paper... And never had the guts to send it away. Many of my friends thought I was insane, would never make it as a writer. So I got *proper* jobs and didn't go back to writing 'til over a decade later...

When I did, I went straight back to that book. Write what you know I was always told. And it was set in a tiny village in the west of Ireland where we used to holiday every year as kids; the place I had my first *crush*. So I knew the place and loved it. It took a little tweaking and then I got up the courage to send it. Inside a month I had a request for a full and inside two small sets of revisions I SOLD. On my first submission.

And here it is... taking an award!!!! SOMEONE PINCH ME!!!!!

16 comments:

Donna Alward said...

PINCH!!!!!!!!

I am having e-mail issues so couldn't e-mail congrats, but I knew you'd have it posted up on your BLOG already!!!! Congratulations you! Couldn't come at a better time, eh? And the husband says well done!

SO PROUD!

allyblake said...

Yyyyyaaaaaayyyyy! Such a gorgeous book Trish!

Skipping, tripping and mad slap dash happy for ya!

Karen Erickson said...

Congrats, Trish! That is so awesome.

You should be proud of the win!

Michelle Styles said...

Yay Trish!!!

I remember reading The Bridal Bet when it first came out in the UK. I also remember hearing about it before it was published and how excited all the editors were.

How wonderful that you have won an award for it.

Bronwyn Jameson said...

Woo-hoo, Trish. What tremendous happy-happy news. And very cool that they let you know in advance, rather than just at the awards thingimmy.

Bron

Liz Fielding said...

Fabulous news, Trish! I'm so thrilled for you.

Kelly Hunter said...

So... are you gonna write us another one of those award winning books for the Modern Extra line now? Please?

My smile is wide. How big's yours?

Kelly

Julie Cohen said...

Congratulations, Trish! A big award on your first book that was also your first submission!?!? You are a GODDESS, do you know that?

Lynne Marshall said...

Congratulations, Trish! What a wonderful story about your first book. It's truly an inspiration to other writers. I'm so thrilled I was able to get a copy of your current book, Marriage Lost and Found, before it sold out.

Yay for you!

Lynne Marshall

Sarah L. Castleberry said...

Huge congrats, Trish! What a dream!

Trish said...

Thankyou Donna, Ally, Karen, Michelle, Bron, Liz, Kelly, Julie, Lyn and Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And thankyou for brightening my day with all these lovely messages!!
It still hasn't sunk in you know... Though I have had a yap and re=read the whole book to see what the fuss was about. Lol...

Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to make the trip from here to Florida for the RT Conference in May. GULP. Thats a whole lot of people in one place at one time for little old me. But when this book has been so good to me I kinda feel I owe it to it.

Well, that and the fact that I may never win anything ever again.....

What do you think guys?? Would you go?? I'm quite sure I'll disappear amogst all those names and I've NEVER BEEN to a conference....

Kate Hardy said...

Congrats, Trish! Really pleased for you.

Lis said...

Congratulations Trish!!
Why not go if you're able?

Nicola Marsh said...

Trish,

huge, mega hugs on your RT win. Absolutely fabulous news!!!

And go accept your award in person (on the proviso you come visit us Down Under at the OZ conference in August :) )

Fiona Lowe said...

Trish,
What exciting news!!
Make sure you celebrate the whole week and bit longer still.

Cheers
Fiona

Sharon J said...

WOW! What else is there to say? Congratulations! ~Sharon J