Sunday, April 30, 2006

More Pink Heart Members and their Hero's

Today we welcome a reader and a writer to The Pink Heart Society - Our very first reader (well, that's not entirely true - aren't we all readers??) - and unpublished writer is the lovely Amanda who gave us David Boreanez for our Hero Database earlier - for which we thank her muchly...

And next up is our very own Kate Hardy, author of Medical and Modern Extra romances whose book The Cinderella Project is out now in the UK. To follow are some of Kate's nominations (which interestingly enough overlap with some of Kate Walker's...)...


Both ladies are fans of Rufus Sewell from A Knight's Tale, a recent hilarious production of The Taming Of The Shrew and in the cinemas now with Tristan and Isolde... Quite often the bad guy it has to be said but wow, those eyes! He could be bad anytime he wants really...



From Kate Hardy we have Antonio Banderas with roles in films as diverse as Assassins, Zorro and as the voice of Puss In Boots in Shrek 2... Ooh, and do we love this pic or what?? Apparantly there's a story behind Kate's, erm, interest too. Maybe Julie will pop over and tell us...

And I really can't believe I hadn't thought of this one before - thanks for the reminder Kate and Ally - Of course, it's David Duchovny, mostly known for his work on The X-Files (which I watched avidly for all NINE seasons...) and Evolution (tres funny!)
A very deserving nomination for the Hero Database methinks...

And don't you love it when you get introduced to a new one??? I know I do! So thanks again to Kate for introducing Keith Urban, who from what I can tell is a country singer? Maybe Kate will pop in and tell us some more about him.... I know I want to know now...

The database is growing by the day and I'm doing my best to keep up to it, promise. It's a tough job...

Am also gonna do my absolute best-est to try and get some more of the links and articles added to the Society pages as soon as I can!

10 comments:

Natasha said...

Keith Urban is a 'find' I think!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Trish
'The lovely Amanda' isn't exactly unpublished - she is "soon-to-be published" by Nal.

Best
Pat in UK

Trish said...

I think so too Natasha - He's on my *keeper shelf* for later reference... though still not quite on the top shelf with Natahn just yet!

PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE YA BEEN????????????????????
Now you see, I can share the blame for that mistake, cos I obviously didn't read the tagline on her blog correctly and Amanda said in her email she wasn't published yet but was a reader!!! So apologies to Amanda - HUGE CONGRATS on the sale and can we share the punishment handed out by Pat, Please? Pretty please???

Kate Hardy said...

Keith Urban... oh,I'm going to have to give you another link here because the man has the most GORGEOUS blue eyes. He's officially a C&W singer BUT he supported Bryan Adams the other year so I'd say he's more mainstream. (I first heard him on VH1, and had to buy the album immediately.) Gorgeous voice, fab guitar player, and... Just gorgeous. (He's an Aussie, btw.)

Antonio - uhoh, which story would this be? (And if Julie's involved... oh, help!) I keep pleading with my ed to have him as a cover model. She just laughs.

And congrats, Amanda, on your sale!

Amanda Ashby said...

Hehehe - wasn't I clever to drag our Pat out of lurk mode! And, so sorry, Trish. Totally my fault because in my email I said I didn't write category romance, just read them - which is true. I did try to write a couple but they were WAY too hard for me which is why I went back to Chick Lit, which is the book I sold. Right, now back to talking about hot guys!!

Trish said...

GREAT link Kate! And man-oh-man are those eyes blue! Some great snippets of his music there too... Another album to add to my shopping list. Are you going to see him in concert??

Amanda - make sure and tempt Pat out more often! She was one of the first ones I talked to on eharl back in 2002 when I sold.... Ahhh happy memories...

allyblake said...

Keith Urban is hot and heavy with Nicole Kidman right now too. On Aussie magazine covers they fight with TomKat to be top dog.

And, my hubby's sister's ex-best friend dated him for a couple of years when he was first starting out! So my hubby used to know him really well.

Do I win? Or does Kate's heretofore untold Antonio story beat that?

Kate?

Kate Hardy said...

Ally, I am HYPERVENTILATING! (And you've almost rendered me speechless, *g*.)

No, I'm pretty sure the story about Antonio is to do with my sad little pleas for a cover model.

My husband looks a bit like Bruce Willis. Does that count?

Donna Alward said...

Trish, I can't believe you didn't know who Keith was.

Think Mike in Windover. Uh huh, baby. Mmmm mmm mmm.

allyblake said...

Kate, of course that counts!