Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sharing a hero? Should it be allowed??

And it's still a raging debate over at Ally Blake's place... Grrrr....

Not only has she now gone and told the world that it was ME who supplied all her photos of the hero worthy Nathan Fillion (therefore confirming my potential stalker-esque catagorization...) she has now confessed to having seen him in real life and forgetting about it!!!!!!

I ask you?! Does she sound worthy of him???

Now it's not that I doubt Ally's capabilities of producing one hell of a hero at the end of the day... I read all her books and have yet to find one of her hero's un-drool-worthy... But, I mean, has she given Nathan the time he deserves, the hours of dedicated study and respect for his work and the fact he's a genuinely all round good guy in real life?? (that still sounds stalker-ish doesn't it?) I just feel that with Tom (aka dancing boy) she has more opportunity for research (I'd never heard of him so it's obviously an Aussie thing)...

Which begs the question too of whether or not we would be encouraged or discouraged from enjoying a book if we knew who the authors had based their hero's on? If someone doesn't like dancing boy and they are put off by knowing Ally's Tom is based on him would they go ick? Can I do that to Ally and live with myself afterwards?? Should I share this lovely man with her or draw up rules over what attributes she may use? Ok... timeline wise, she may have seen him first, but she forgot!!! Whereas I've been hooked since day one. And not just by the fact he doesn't look like he was run over by a bus... He really is equally hero worthy in real life...

So the debate continues... I still think that voting dancing boy on Ally's blog would help me sleep better... What do you think guys??? And what attributes can one allow to be shared??? Keep it clean please....

10 comments:

allyblake said...

You tell me Trish. What can I borrow. Not have mind you, just borrow.

I'm thinking the boyish fringe. The gleam in the eye. The broad shoulders. The crooked smile.

Would that be okay?

allyblake said...

Actually, I'd really like to borrow that second picture too...

Michelle Styles said...

I think you all are having way too much fun!!!

Michelle Styles said...

Oh, and have you seen what happened to Anne McAllister when she and a friend did workshop on sharing heroes?
http://www.anne-mcallister.blogspot.com/

You never know...

Donna Alward said...

I'm only going to say....

WTG Trish I noticed your word count has increased....

allyblake said...

Trish, you MUST check out Anne McAllister blog!

Oh my God! If that happened to you then maybe you would be such a gibbering mess for the next two months I could finish this darned book without continually looking over my shoulder!

Amanda Ashby said...

OMG - Nathan and the hot guy from Supernatural. I think you better set up a sofa for me because I might be here for some time...

Sharon J said...

I think you ought to share anything and everything and then I'll buy both books and enjoy seeing what the two of you made of him. In my opinion-for what it's worht-that'd be a very interesting experiment.

What I'd like to know, though, is who was Sean O'Reilly based on? If Maggie doesn't open her eyes soon she deserves to have them poked out for being so stupid!

Trish said...

Ally - negotiations are almost finalized in the what you may *borrow* degate... watch next blog for details.... And as to what happened to Anne. Well, suffice to say I would end up heavy breathing down the phone and then bending all you ears for months about what I *should* have said...

Michelle - Aren't we though?? Hee hee...

Donna - Not much more yesterday... But watch it fly now that I know all about crop dusting aeroplanes in the 1940's... I'd just be the most fascinating after dinner guest now you know... All this new found knowledge...

Amanda - WELCOME! - A woman of excellent taste like myself I see... Can I get you a cappuchino? Glass of wine?? Nibbles while you sit and drool??? I have quite an extensive collection of these kinds of photos you know - And all in the name of research... ;)

Sharon - Ahhh the Pineapple Book! - In the next blog I shall tell you a bit about my Sean inspiration and feel free to poke Maggie in the eye all you like, heaven knows she did it to me enough while I told their story! Grrr....

allyblake said...

Hurry up with your next blog then!!

I'm actually beginning to get the itch to get back into this book, and I'm feeling like I am beginning to have some idea again of who my darling hero is.

Bring it on!