Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Request for a thirty six hour day

You Should Be a Poet

You have a way with words... and a talent for drawing the pure emotions out of experiences.
Your poetry has the potential to make people laugh and cry at the same time. You just need to write it!
So... I'd like to say that my addiction to blogthings has been improving but apparantly not...
Because the very fact that I've gone and found one to do when I really don't have enough hours in the day to begin with is not a very positive sign, is it?
And I really really don't have enough hours in the day right now! Apart from the obvious panic over the now three week and six odd days deadline and the 2000 odd words I'll need every day (thank Natasha for that piece of joyous information...) I should also point out that it's a busy time here at home. With late spring and the hint of summer in the air which equals warmer, still wet weather, there has been a rainforest effect while I've been away. It's almost like someone made a set change. And now there is no hint of the bare trees and muddy brown colour there was everywhere when I left and everything is green, green and varying shades of more green flipping everywhere I look. Which is great. But it signals time to get busy...
Let's take tomorrow for an example shall we? I have to go order a pallet load of shavings for the horses. Get fertilizer (which we'll have to spread by hand this year a-la the olden days with bags of grain and hands- watch while I bribe small children...). I have to try and get Charlie out seeing as he's been stabled the entire time I've been away and will be a nightmare on the roads for at least three days... We have fences to mend and treat with dark wood stain (ten acres of post and rail may look pretty but it ain't exactly maintenance free)... There is fencing to order and wire and nine animals to feed and laundry from when I was away and a cabin to tidy and my website hasn't been updated in over a month and I have loops to catch up on and boards to read and blogs to visit and banking to do... and my 2000 words...
And then in the space of four odd months good weather we have fields to roll and three acres to fence in and weeds to spray and grazing to rotate and a stable block to finish and landscaping to complete and and and and... Oh and somewhere in there we have to lift the cabin I live in and move it off this part of the land and onto another part by the river and replace the roof and have a porch built before the winter comes... which means I have to pack yet again (and having moved five times in the last six odd years I really can't face packing again). So...
Can I please put in a request now for a thirty six hour day?? Please?
My answer to all this chaos so far? Go look at blogthings. Go me!
Meanwhile, thanks to Jopee we have a new nomination for the hero database in the form of Ed Burns... Thanks Jopee. And I'm glad you approve of our selection of men so far!!! Jopee sent me a link to a pic of this gorgeous potential hero with longer hair that flopped deliciously into his face. But in my current life of chaos my computer refused to upload it! So, with a little search I came up with this shot... Not bad, huh? That smile certainly has my imagination running riot! What about you guys??
I'll be back tomorrow with the promised new members for The Pink Heart Society and a bit of a preview of the book I have to do by, oh I dunno... yesterday???

10 comments:

Natasha said...

Trish, how the *heck* can you be on 4000 words plus already???? Darn it - between you and Ally this is getting depressing!

Jopee said...

Wow Trish, I got tired just reading your To Do list :D

You have to put up the floppy-haired Ed Burns! Im no writer but the eyes on that pic was so hero material ;-)

Goodluck with the yay-thousand words a day and looking forward to your next book :)

Trish said...

Natasha it's called chaining yourself to the chair and forcing out the words. Emphasis on the *forcing*... I'm running with the theory that words are words and I can come back and make them read like a book at *some* stage... I have time for editing in that word ratio per day thing of yours, right? Erm... RIGHT??

Jopee I promise to post a floppy haired pic on the hero page asap! I have to admit I couldn;t believe I'd forgot this guy... That *voice*! Oh my... And Thanks again for sending him in!!! I'm hoping to have the cover of my Modx soon to put up on the blog before it comes out in September... I have a hot fireman on the cover apparantly... YUM...

Margaret McDonagh said...

So you haven't got much on then?!?!

Good luck, sending all good vibes and wishes.

Best wishes,
Mags

Nicola Marsh said...

Natasha,
I'm with you!
Trish, how on earth did you managed to write almost 5000 words in a day? You're a maniac ;)

allyblake said...

Trish, 4600 words down already. Superstar!

I think the pressure helps. It does me. If I have an hour day I'll write more than if I have eight hours available to me.

So maybe what you need is an 18 hour day and then you'll be right!

Donna Alward said...

Natasha, don't talk to me about word counts and depressing. My meter hasn't changed in 2 weeks. And won't for a while either...edits and more edits. Ever get the urge just to be able to write something NEW??????

I saw Trish's meter too and thought, wow, what a fab start out of the gate!

Trish said...

Oh stress not gals - I shall slow down and have a panic attack real soon... PROMISE!

Anonymous said...

well, hope youre not too stressed out back there with so much to do, arrived back here, knackered, and homesick!!! missing you all already!! keep up the good work
sharon

allyblake said...

Anymore words Trish? You've been gone a long while since that fabulous first day? Hmmm???

Notice I am at 96.1% on my book. Though with a week left until deadline, I guess you'd hope that would be the case!

Ally