Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Your choice... My inspiration...

Well guys, you chose him... And your wish is my command!

And for this I am entirely in your debt. Because this particular choice for hero casting would appear to have pulled my muse out of it's little hiding place. Ain't life grand when that happens??

So, as the basis for the hero in Anticipation we have Colin Farrell - Ta-Da! And having won the poll, I went in search of some more pics that cover the basic 'essence' of my hero.

And may I just say ladies... Good Choice!

In fact, so good a choice that my hero took on a life of his own over the Bank Holiday weekend here and the word count (as you'll see from the counter) has positively exploded. Now I can make several suggestions as to why that might have happened; First off my Editor phoned to tell me that the pregnant heroine book I struggled so badly with of late has gone through (and she loves it!) - and seeing as I have a real problem with running more than one set of characters at a time that meant I was released, free, unburdened by the problems of one couple and able to move onto another... Secondly, the internet died here. So there was no temptation to go see what was happening on the boards, or the blogs or the Big Brother website every time I turned on the computer... Then there was the reappearance of my muse. Bit damn difficult trying to write without it and I think I've worked it so hard this year that it decided to take a bit of a holiday...

But what tempted it out was a firmer idea of my hero and that is down to you guys. So much so that I've decided to rename my hero Rory Farrell... will be interesting to see if anyone else picks up on it but in the meantime it will be our little secret... deal?

The clincher for me was this pic - cos I needed a hero who could look all dark and sexy in his everyday surroundings, but who also, with a haircut and a bit of muck, could look dangerous in a bodyguard kinda way and loads of you guys agreed that Colin has that edge. This pic confirmed it.

And, as I may have mentioned a time or two before, I'm a 'film' type writer. I cast my hero and heroine as I would for a movie, and I write scene to scene to scene as if I'm watching a movie. I find this means that when I get going, even without a detailed outline of where I'm going, that each scene will fall into its place as I go along. They follow on. So if one scene ends with a cliff-hanger then the next will automatically start with the repercussions of that cliff-hanger. If it ends with the thoughts of one character then the next may well start with the thoughts of the other... and as we all can see something and interpret it differently, conflicts naturally arise...

This means, having a set of photos I can work a scene around can help with the whole flow, the changing of scenes in the same way a movie does. And the soundtrack? Well for this one is fairly mixed... The main thing is, thanks to you, I have my Director's hat back on... These are no longer pics of Colin, they are pics of Colin as Rory, in my new Romantic Comedy (at times) - Anticipation... hopefully coming to a deadline near you by June 12th...

Fingers crossed...

6 comments:

allyblake said...

Go Trish! What a grat improvement on your word count. Superstar!
Now I'm at 65000 words and book is due tomorrow, so I'm in the opposite boat.

Time to slash and burn and fast!

Nicola Marsh said...

Great choice, Trish.
I can already picture Rory in all his bodyguard glory when I read the book :)
And way to go on the word count!

Margaret McDonagh said...

Many congratulations on recovering your muse and having such a fantastic spurt! I'm dead impressed. Well done and good luck racing forward to that deadline now.

Oh, and if you could kick my muse into action again I'll be heartily grateful!!!

Best wishes,
Mags

perfume reviews said...

Great blog! More info about aftershave - http://aftershave.thelineone.com/burberry-aftershave.html

Lis said...

Great casting! I love Colin :o)
Way to go on your word count!

Sharon J said...

Having been inspired by your way of doing things, I've decided to try using photos of my hero and heroine for my latest story. Never done that before but figured it couldn't hurt. If it makes it easier - great. If it doesn't, then I haven't lost anything.

I didn't got through the whole casting rigmarole, though :)