Thursday, June 29, 2006

I've Peaked... Its all downhill from here...

Well... that's it... The revisions for Anticipation are away... done... dusted...polished til I cud see my face in it (which was a tad scary!) and in my current lack of exhaustion (I last slept on Wednesday afternoon thankyou...) I have come to one conclusion...

I've peaked with this one. Did I mention that it's my TENTH?? Can you see from the wordcount worm thingie that it was the longest I've done in, like EVER?? And we won't even discuss the page count records broken - Copy of War And Peace anyone???

I LOVE this book. I mean, really, seriously, LOVE this book!!! I think I'm so exhausted because I've put everything into this one - heart and soul. And if it comes back to me now with a big fat resounding 'No' - I may just jump under a bus... Not a word of a lie.

Now I know as authors we're not supposed to have a favourite child?! But you know that kid that just makes you laugh for hours even when it's not there? The one that oozes charm at you without trying so you forgive it it's lesser mistakes? The one you just have a little corner of your heart for that prays it will succeed in the big bad world?? For me, it's this book... I may need to coin a new phrase now that we Pineapple Book to describe the ones that were a stinker to do...

So I miss it already. Even if I did get caught on the Farrell surname and had to change it back to Flanaghan. *Waves madly at lovely lovely Editor (she of the new shoes) who read blog and caught me playing up with secret codes - Hello ;) - And I was kidding about the elephant being added in that last draft... So you can stop looking for it now...*

And the soundtrack for this book for anyone that needs to know? Duncan James new album - at the end there is a secret hidden track - the words of which *are* this book...

"Save this moment for me
Close your eyes and you'll feel
That im right here beside you
And im holding your hand
So...
Let this moment be ours
Even though we're apart
Understand I still love you
We're living seperate lives
But right now is our time
Save this moment for me"

This is a gorgeous album to write to and 'cos I found it so inspirational I'll be offering copies of it in my new Website competition this weekend... when I do the LONG OVERDUE update... And I really hope it brings whoever wins it as much luck as it did me!!!

Did I mention I LOVE this book???

Yep... it's all downhill from here on in folks...Watch as my career crumbles before my eyes...

Actually that's not funny. Cos I really haven't the feintest notion of an idea for any more books.

And can you guess from the Pics where I'm headed right now this very second??? I'll be back all rested and ready to go with the Blog you picked from the Poll. I'm a bit scared to look quite frankly! Be nice to me...

6 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Congrats on finishing and may your editor adore it!

I doubt you have peaked.You may have plateaued slightly for a little while, but you will continue to improve.
As for the ideas, once sleep has come, and you have refilled the well, the ideas will be there.

Natasha said...

Oh stop it! Sleep it highly over-rated. You can't leave me working alone through the night - that wouldn't be kind.

Now, the next one begins with a Sean Bean type character who wanders into a sleepy Irish village carrying a Valentine's Card sent to his mother in 1952 ...

Trish said...

Fingers crossed Michelle!!!!!!!!! And HUGE CONGRATS on the book being out! I have my copy on its way - am REALLY looking forward to it!

Natasha... you know... thats not half bad...

Nicola Marsh said...

Enjoy your sleep, Trish :)
Zzzz.....

And it's natural to feel you've peaked after a book you really, really love but guaranteed, you'll fall in love with another story again!

Sharon J said...

Happy snoring :)

Donna Alward said...

Michelle speaks the truth. We're together there, babes. Serious need of well-refilling. After sending off revised books of our hearts.