Monday, June 26, 2006

Watching Paint Dry

Your Five Factor Personality Profile
Extroversion:
You have medium extroversion.You're not the life of the party, but you do show up for the party.Sometimes you are full of energy and open to new social experiences.But you also need to hibernate and enjoy your "down time."
Conscientiousness:
You have high conscientiousness.Intelligent and reliable, you tend to succeed in life.Most things in your life are organized and planned well.But you borderline on being a total perfectionist.
Agreeableness:
You have medium agreeableness.You're generally a friendly and trusting person.But you also have a healthy dose of cynicism.You get along well with others, as long as they play fair.
Neuroticism:
You have low neuroticism.You are very emotionally stable and mentally together.Only the greatest setbacks upset you, and you bounce back quickly.Overall, you are typically calm and relaxed - making others feel secure.
Openness to experience:
Your openness to new experiences is high.In life, you tend to be an early adopter of all new things and ideas.You'll try almost anything interesting, and you're constantly pushing your own limits.A great connoisseir of art and beauty, you can find the positive side of almost anything.
The Five Factor Personality Test


First up can I just point out that I haven't done one of these in like, forever.... Maybe my addiction is cured???

So, I promised myself when I got Anticipation away that I'd be good to myself and take a month off. Mmm... Now I have been sleeping to Olympic standard, which is rare for me - I'm a six hour a night kinda gal. But apart from playing with horses a little, doing laundry (I ran out of clothes so I had to) , catching up with friends and spending time with neices and nephews and watching countless DVD's - I have to say, I'm bored out of my tiny mind...

I still have my website to update and a critique to do for my CP. But apart from that, both of which I intend doing today, I really am at the stage where I'm ready to work again. So methinks ye olde longer book may be getting another running start. Which means I'll feel duty bound to go back and edit it all from the beginning - again. Why is it that we can never just leave something the hell alone???

In the meantime I'm kinda stuck as to what to blog about this next while. And as you're all so darn good with the polls I thought I'd ask you. Your wish is my time filler 'til my revisions arrive...


What should Trish Blog about next?
The creation of past books?
Editing - What to keep what to lose?
Revisions - Good thing or bad?
Blank Page - How to start the book?
Synopses - What they're looking for?
Critique Partners - Good or Paranoia fodder?
Hero's - What makes a hero?
Heroine's - What makes a heroine?
More Blogthings & an internet tour?
A.N. Other - Q&A for Trish
Free polls from Pollhost.com


So, it's up to you guys - you choose!!!

And whilst writing all this - my revisions have arrived!!! So you have a couple of days to let me know what we're doing when I come back out of the cave... It's pick a title or I'm gonna blog about the joys of watching paint dry... Which I will... You know me...

4 comments:

Donna Alward said...

I picked the critique partners topic.

Snicker.

Actually all those topics sound good. I'm sure you'll get around to them all.

:-)

D

Nicole Reising said...

Oh too funny - I picked the critique partners too!

Have fun editing!

Cole

April said...

I picked synopsis...

But all the topics are good!

Good luck with the revisions :-)

Trish said...

Donna - remind me to cyber slap you... ;)

Thanks gang for the good lucks! Am struggling through an additional chapter and then should sail for a while with the small bits 'til I hit the additional requested, erm, sensual scenes... I have wine at the ready... and a fan to keep the room chilled... :0

And as to the poll... whose genius plan was that then??? It's like watching the last furlong of a race when all the horses are neck and neck... But BLESS the soul who chose blogthings and net tour - 'cos I need to be encouraged to go a-cyber-wandering...

Tra-la-la and back to the cave I go...