Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's too hot!!!

Your Theme Song is Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf
"I like smoke and lightningHeavy metal thunderRacin' with the windAnd the feelin' that I'm under"
A total independent spirit, you can't be held down or fenced in.You crave the feeling of wind on your face... and totally freedom.


Okay, so I haven't posted on Dialogue yet... I will. Really. Just as soon as I finish MELTING. I live in Ireland for crying out loud. I'm designed for rain. I am not designed to be slow roasted. And I'm blonde. I burn. And I live in a wooden cabin. Which is like being slow roasted in a wood burning stove. Did I mention I BURN???

So I've taken to transporting my wonderous Alphasmart to the waterfall, avec blanket, cushion and bottle of Diet Coke (which goes in the river with some string attached to a rock to keep it cool) 'cos it's the only place that doesn't feel like the top shelf of an oven. But there's no internet connection there. And by the time I come back in to the sweltering hot cabin in the evening and transfer my work across, I'm pooped...

So, can I do it tomorrow? Pweeze?

Did I mention HOW HOT IT IS???

4 comments:

Margaret McDonagh said...

A couple of friends and I are thinking of emmigrating to an igloo. Fancy coming along?! I am FRYING. I can't bear this weather, I was not designed for the heat. You have my every sympathy as Scotland is as much of a furnace as Ireland. It's unnatural for us. Roll on autumn, I say.

Love,
Melting Mags

Fiona Harper said...

I'm melting with ya, Trish. My heavily Scottish influenced genes don't appreciate the temp either. And I BURN too. (BURN - It has to be in capital letters, doesn't it, when your pink and puffy and tender).

Nicola Marsh said...

Can you hang onto some of this warm weather for September?
I have no idea what to pack!!!

Trish said...

And igloo sounds pretty darn good to me Mags!!!! Can I have that in cave size please?

Doesn't BURNING bite? I tell myself every year that I won't let it happen again... and then the sun comes out... and TA-DA!

Nic - you're asking ME? Me who goes to London every September and packs sweaters cos its cold at home, only to discover when I get there its at least two degrees warmer and I get to experience enough hot flushes to make me believe that menopause has arrived early??? Pack everything I say...