Monday, July 17, 2006

New Beginnings

Well, we're up and running again chaps. New deadline, new story, new hero, new heroine, new research and new bottle of wine... ;) Happy Days!

So meet Keelin O'Donnell, heroine of Love Letters (our new working title) . Dragged all over the world as a child by her famous artist & poet Mother, Keelin has just recently lost that Mother to breast cancer. She finds a pile of old love letters while going through her Mother's things... And now, as she finds herself at a crossroads in her own life, she's going to walk in her Mother's shoes for a while...


And Garrett Kincaid, who gets the most fabulous of entrances as he walks through the mist with his dogs at his feet... Sigh... He's the son of the man who wrote the letters to Keelin's Mother...
At this point he may/may not have a child of his own - not that he doesn't know - I haven't decided yet - he hasn't piped up to tell me and neither has he/she... so time will tell...

And the setting, oh-my-word the setting!!! One of my favourite parts of Ireland, and somewhere I was lucky enough to stay for a few weeks one summer. It's beautiful, inspirational, mystic... And as rural as rural can be without becoming deserted or abandoned...

I give you, in the lovely county of Kerry - Valentia Island, or at least my version of it. The scenery, remote locality, and the fact that you pretty much have to get there by ferry or tiny bridge - well, thats all fact... Just look for yourself... To find out what pieces of it I make up, well, you'll just have to go visit won't you?! I tell you, it's worth the trip...

Now all I need is some kind soul to tell me how many weeks I have 'til 1st September so I can work out a word count target per day... There's always someone who does that for me... Bless...

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Well, it's not going to be me giving you your daily word count target. The messenger always gets shot!

Nicola Marsh said...

Love the sound of this one, Trish!

And is that Aussie Eric Bana I see as your hero?
He used to be in a comedy show back here in OZ before hitting the big time and I still can't reconcile it's the same guy!

allyblake said...

Same here Nic! He used to play this dodgy character who hosted a community TV show. Mullet hair, ocker accent, total dag. And now he's some big hearthrob! Way to difficult to digest if you knew him when ;).

Love the premise Trish. Sounds gooooorgeous!

Margaret McDonagh said...

I don't know Valentia Island but part of my heart will always remain in Co Kerry and the Killarney area. Stunningly beautifl. The new wip sounds amazing, I can't wait to read it. I love the atmospheric-sounding scene of the hero walking out of the mist with the dogs. Good luck hitting that deadline, I'm in awe of how you do these so quickly. Have just finished draft of my wip so am about to tackle the polishing. Then the horror of submission!

Best wishes,
Mags