Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Parties & Writing & Golf...

Well, I'm still struggling away with the WIP... Have decided that Garrett does indeed have a daughter - a teenage one - And surrounded as I am by teenage neices and nephews I can't begin to tell you the amount of conflict that's gonna add to the story...

Now, if, like me you are feeling vaguely left out not being at the RWA Conference in Atlanta this week, then why not head over to Lucy Monroe's Blog where they're having a huge NANTY party (Not At The Nationals This Year)... They're having loads of guest appearances from Authors - including my good friend Nicola Marsh - and a tonne of giveaways! Some really interesting blogs so far so why not head over for a wee visit? I'm already way too distracted by it... It's a great way of meeting new authors and seeing a little of their work and you can throw your two-penneth worth into the comments and win some goodies! Wish I'd known about this last year - but next year - I'll be in Dallas!!! WOO-HOO!!! We're already planning a party in Jenna Bayley-Burkes Room.... ;)

Meanwhile, over on the eharlequin boards the lovely Barbara Hannay has supplied us with a link to some great writing articles - Which are really worth a look-see - especially while you wait ever so patiently for me to drag myself away from the hellish place of doubt and uncertainty that is Chapter Three... (insert usual scary music and lightning...) - Anyway this first link gets you to a great page where you can have a look see if your writing is Character Driven or Action Driven - which, if you've been following our talks on writing in here you'll know is an important thing to look at... What are we looking for in the lines I write for do you think...mmm??? If you let me know how your test works out I might share my results...

But the site itself is a great resource, well worth book-marking! Go have a browse around and let me know what you think....

And another distraction I have managed to find in between moving horses and worming everything with four legs - was the British Open Golf Championships. Now, I'm not a golfer (it once took a group of friends and myself five hours to get round a nine hole Mini-Golf course!!! And the poor man in a JCB in the building site next door to the place took a hammering...) And normally I don't watch golf on TV. But this year... well... apart from the fact that it was a close run thing until the last nine holes... I discovered something else interesting about Golf... well, two things actually... The first one being Sergio Garcia...

I feel a whole new era of the Hero Database approaching... The things I watch for research!

And if you're all good little gals then I might even introduce you to Adam Scott...

Any bit of wonder Golf is suddenly so popular again!!! Mind you, some of the fashion still has a lot to answer for. Seriously. In the meantime I say bring on the US Open!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nicola Marsh said...

Yay, a party! Please come and join me over at Lucy's on Thursday.
It's gonna be a blast :)

Trish said...

I'll be there hun! With bells on!

Okay... maybe not with bells on - but you get the idea... That place is HOPPING over there. Gotta love a good party...

And am REALLY looking forward to your guest appearance!