Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Word Count & Writing Tips & More reasons to watch Golf

I have just had the best day's writing! 5000 words! And not even a sniff of a late deadline in there... There's nothing beats a nice evocative setting, lots of fog on a dark night and a good aul row! Keelin may be small in stature - but she's a fiesty one... Poor Garrett... ;) So watch the wormie thing ladies... hee hee... I might actually *make* this deadline...

Meanwhile, newest Romance writer Fiona Harper has been blogging about Goal, Motivation, Conflict. A very good writing exercise gang! So pop on over and have a look see... This gal is way way too organized if you ask me... But it makes a whole heap of sense! If I was just less of a panster...

And that other good reason to watch the Golf when the US Open plays next month? Meet Adam Scott... Phew! Now that is one beautiful man. And if one pic isn't enough then allow me to show you another... (I *cough* have *cough* more *cough*)... Anyone suddenly feel a renewed interest in watching that little white ball hit around a course??? I can even tell you about birdies, eagles and pars now... the other famous golf term is too full of innuendo for me to post on here... Maybe I should have a golfing hero in my next Modern Extra???

I'm gonna try and drag myself away from Keelin and Garrett tomorrow long enough to do the next bit on Dialogue. It's just, you know, when the words are flowing...

As for my creative current mood. No, I'm not thinking of taking up portrait painting - and yes, it may have something to do with the subliminal message my brain is getting from all the fence paint that is currently in my shed... but I like to think it's cos Keelin and Garrett are making me believe that I might not actually have peaked with Breathless and every book from there on in will be all downhill...

6 comments:

Fiona Harper said...

Oooh, lookie! I got a mention! Unfortunaatly I use my anal organisational tendencies to do all sorts of stuff other than write the darn book. Great displacement activity.

Been enjoying your 'how to' bits on your blog, Trish. I have copied and pasted them so I can keep them forever.

Mags said...

Maybe people will soon come to understand why I am such an avid sport watcher!!!!!!!!! I love the golf, too, and Adam Scott is delicious. Don't forget Kiwi, Michael Campbell, who is easy on the eyes and I have emailed you a pic of Italian amateur, Edoardo Molinari, who is cute, too!

Great progress on the wip, well done, I'm in awe. It's too hot to think here but I'm still dreaming of that igloo.

Thanks for all the 'how to' advice lately, it is great.

Have a great time at the Dublin Show.

Love,
Mags

Kate Hardy said...

Well done on the 5k words. Lovely when that happens, innit? And if you've got the same sticky, horrible heat in Ireland that we have here... then I take my hat off to you.

Oh yeah - and if you want a sneak preview of the Sexy Sensation covers, come and have a look at what I got on email this morning...

Anonymous said...

You can't have a golfer hero! Golf in here in England is not considered sexy. it's a middle aged person's activity!
Janet

Nicola Marsh said...

Hmm...golf has taken on a whole new look to me... :)

Trish said...

Now Fiona! Don't go giving me another thing to add to my already War & Peace length list of things to do when avoiding a tricky piece of writing! Really. I'm an expert... In fact... there's a future blog subject in that....

Mags! Theres *more* of them!? Well.. guess what I'll be googling in my next break...

KATE!!! I-WANT-TO-SEE-MINE-NOW!!! If it's anywhere near as sexy as yours is! And we have a breeze here... lol... yes, a breeze. (I'll duck now shall I?)

Janet - I'm with ya! At local level... But just look at these Pro's!!! And they average in and around the 26 mark. Ally Blake did a gorgeous ex-Pro golfer and I LOVED him... and just think of all the golfing terms I could use as innuendos... No? Maybe? Get back to me....

NIC! Shame on you! You do *know* that the gorgeous Adam is AUSSIE??? There are certain single Irish gals thinking very seriously about emigration at this point....

I'm really glad the writing notes are proving useful. And I am enjoying doing them when I get time to sit down and do them properly. I'm mid-adding a links page to them all by topic on the books page of the website. So bear with me....