Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Book with Trish Workshop

Alright. Have given up on the poll... after much swearing, gnashing of teeth and general migrane inducing attempts. So, due to the time scale I'm on work wise too we're doing the writing a book workshop... Whether you guys like it or not!! ;)

So, if you wanna work along with me and we'll cheer each other on then here's how I thought we'd do it...

You will require the following:

1/ A Blank Page - either on a word doc on your computer or the old fashioned type and a pen. (If you want a copy of the word doc template I work on then just email me through the website and I'll send you one...)

2/ A little time to work on it... (Mine is due the second week of November but you can set your own time frame)

3/ An idea of what line you're targetting and what they're looking for. (You can find Harlequin guidelines at the website here )

4/ If you have a blog you can add a worm counter to track your progress (I used the Zokutou counter here)

5/ And the ability to get to the internet so you can pop over and get together here at my blog so we can work through any worries we might have...

Alrighty... work for you guys???

Then pop by tomorrow and we'll talk characters and names and making up character sheets as we build our synopsis...

10 comments:

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

I LIKE it! Thank you so much Trish for taking time out from your busy schedule to do this with us.

1/ I have my word doc ready and waiting.

2/ I already have a w-i-p. I'm going to try and see if I can work to your time frame, but I won't be too hard on myself if I need longer - so long as I finish by Christmas!

3/ I'm targeting HMB Medicals and I have their extended guidelines.

4/ Blog and worm counter - Yep to both.

5/ The Internet's my 2nd home so that won't be a problem. :-)

Looking forward to tomorrow...
Sue :-)

Carol Hutchens said...

This sounds like fun, Trish! I can't wait.

Carol

Lis said...

Such good timing, I'll definitely join :) Think I have all 5 covered

Trish said...

Yaayyy!!! I do love it when I'm not suffering alone....

Now... Off to play a little with my ideas for characters for tommorow! I do hope that I don't disappoint you all when you realize how my mind actually works... But hey, the way I see it, if anything helps its worth it...Right??

Jude D said...

Okay - fab idea. I'm in. I was going to do Nanowrimo again but this sounds much more fun!

Good on you Trish!

Jude

Sharon J said...

What a great idea! I'm not writing HMB at the moment but I'll be following what the rest of you are up to :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great idea! I only saw this today so I'll have to do my H character sheet tonight so I don't get left behind.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://pukkewmm.com/sivp/wshq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://evoadokz.com/pxpe/egrb.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://pukkewmm.com/sivp/wshq.html | http://nsafjtxa.com/euvw/nsvq.html