Thursday, September 7, 2006

Fastest Sale Ever!



Well I never!!!! Got word this evening that The Love Letters has gone through with no - as in zero - zilch - nada - not a whiff of... REVISIONS!!!! First time ever! And inside 48 hours of subbing!!! Which officially makes it my fastest sale ever!!!!

Now if you've been following this one then you'll know it wasn't always an easy journey... So to what do I attribute this miracle??? I'm going to lay it directly at the feet of the amazing working relationship I have with my lovely Editor - She who stayed late to read it when she should have been home packing for her holiday tomorrow!! (Have a GREAT time oh lovely Editor!!!) And I'd have said that even if I'd got revisions btw...

With her guidance we have found a way to hash out a lot of potential problems at the synopsis stage - she even takes the time to talk it through over the phone - We then go through the first three chapters with a fine toothcomb to make sure everything is all on track and that the characters are shaping up the way we had hoped they would from the synopsis... and that way we do the best we can to make sure that the book stays on track. I really feel that my writing is growing with her (this is our fifth together) and hopefully my instincts are getting better too. Oh, and she has the patience of a saint too... Very very important!!!

It's a lovely day!

And the very lovely Sue aka MsCreativity has posted a review of White-Hot! on her blog!!! She also sent me the most beautiful e-mail!!! So thankyou Sue! It's people like you that I write for and people like you that make me put words down on the days I just don't feel I can write anymore. You encourage me to keep going and so long as you're out there reading I'll continue writing. You made my day even better!

Oh, and I also got my copy edits of Breathless! done.... so that's something off the list.... When you're on a roll gang...

11 comments:

Jopee said...

Well done, Trish. Congratualtions! Cant wait to read your next book. Totally enjoyed White Hot and the sizzling tension between Finn and Shane was wonderful. I wondered how this book would differ from your Tenders and thought that it was still your 'voice' only sexier *g*

Michelle Styles said...

Congrats Trish -- you are on a roll!

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

That's fantastic news Trish, mega congrats!

No need to thank me for the review, just telling it like it is. Thank you for the link (I wasn't expecting that one!!).

You've done a heck of a lot for aspiring writers, and it's with your help I've often felt encouraged to go on when I might otherwise have given up. It's great that you feel I've also given you encouragement too. A win-win situation all round!

Trish said...

Jopee!!! So glad you enjoyed Finn & Shane's story!! I've been dying to know what my romance readers would think of it. Scary stepping into a new line y'know!!! However, we do step it up a little in Breathless! so be warned ;)

Michelle! Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *someone* will hear you. And Karma, or whoever it is in charge of balancing things out, will come *get* me... :o

Trish said...

Sue! You're welcome! It was a lovely review. And I've been popping over to check how your word count was going anyhoo's.... so seemed only fair we invite a few folks over for a look see. ;)

I'm glad the writing articles helped! And we're going to start a few more of them in the next week or so... I'll put up a poll and people can choose again I think...

xxx

Margaret McDonagh said...

Trish, that is just brilliant!!!!! I am so thrilled for you, CONGRATULATIONS! And after those naughty characters had given you such a nasty turn! Can't wait to read it.

In copy edit cave myself from this morning.

Love,
Mags

Anonymous said...

'With her guidance we have found a way to hash out a lot of potential problems at the synopsis stage'

What I'd give for a critique partner like your editor!

Janet

Nicola Marsh said...

Absolutely brilliant, Trish!
Congrats on another sale :)

allyblake said...

Yippee Trishee!!!!

It's the missing dogs that did it for you, for sure. am now busily adding several to me current WIP...

Ally

Natasha said...

And just to make your day truly perfect - I've got your RT review of your Silhouette Romance release. Your pineapple book (aka O'Reilly's Bride' got a 4.5 rating.

And your quote of note "Trish Wylie's O'Reilly's Bride is lighthearted and witty, with a wealth of emotion beneath. Sean may be the perfect man - and, best of all, there's no magical solution to Maggie's infertility.

Nice!

Trish said...

Thaanks guys!!!

OOhhhh Natasha! I feel a new post coming on now....