Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Pineapple Month & Blogging

As you may have guessed from my silence this last few days I've been a busy busy beaver!!!!

I spent the weekend with a host of amazing Harlequin and Silhouette authors at a chat with Joyfully Reviewed - which is a fabulous placed devoted to romance books and lovers of romance books. Authors can post excerpts from upcoming publications and tell readers about competitions and updates to their websites and it's honestly one of the best resources I've come across in a while... even if the amount to read through is astounding and all too distracting when you're supposed to be writing a book... If you want to take a look see the website is here and the Yahoo! loop I was on at the weekend is here. They do regular weekends with authors from different publishing houses so I'm definitely going to be there the next time they invite Harlequin and Silhouette Author's along!!!

So the chat was very very busy and that kept me distracted... it also made me ambitious to try and post a picture of my cover in my posts and in trying to get my computer to get all my email addy's to synchronise I somehow managed to kill my internet connection... hours later and it's still dead... someone came and looked at it... still dead... result?It may need set back to it's original settings! Can I spare it about now??? Can I heck-as-like... So I've had to borrow one that works... Sigh...

And timing being everythng that would, of course, be when I'm swamped with things to do. As well as the workshop here we have two out of four of the Pink Heart Society gang sick and the other two (me included) on deadline... I have all kinds of chats I've been doing for the release of this month's book and I'm blogging elsewhere.... but I'll come to that in a minute...

This month sees the release of O'Reilly's Bride - the book we all know as The Pineapple... It's the book that Romantic Times gave a four and a half rating:

"Trish Wylie's O'Reilly's Bride is lighthearted and witty, with a wealth of emotion beneath."

And Cataromance gave a 5 Star rating:

"O'Reilly's Bride is another novel by Trish Wylie which you will devour in a single sitting! Brimming with passion, emotion, romance and humour and featuring a fantastic heroine and a gorgeous hero, O'Reilly's Bride is sheer perfection!"

And yet it was one of the toughest books I've ever written... Why? Well... I'll be talking about that a little on here and on my EHarlequin Blog this month here... Please come and say HI if you get a chance so I don't end up talking to an empty room...

But on here - in between Book With Trish sessions we'll be spending the month celebrating the book that gave me so much heartache and a crisis of my ability to write anything worth reading ever again!!! We'll be looking behind the scenes at the characters, the ideas behind the book, the setting, the emotional journey and the Irish History behind the characters names... and throwing in some of my favourite Irish Recipes and some competitions along the way for you guys to win some goodies!!!! Its a PINEAPPLE PARTY!!!

So to kick off here are the pictures of my hero and heroine casting... Though in this book, as always, they were a starting point - and as the book progressed Maggie and Sean took on a life of their own..
.

For Sean I needed someone who had that rugged exterior that hinted at strength an
d capability - even under the most extreme conditions! And Tom Berenger was perfect for that image! Before the book starts Sean O'Reilly was an award winning Cameraman in places like Somalia, Ethiopia and Iraq - he travelled all over the world to war torn countries making films that would show the world what the people there went through. But by the time the book starts he has come home to Ireland... burnt out... haunted... and with a deep seated need to build something for himself in the future...

For Maggie I needed someone who, outwardly, was beautiful, confident and looked like she had the world at her feet. Someone who people would look at and assume she had a char
med existance - cos we tend to do that with someone who looks that good, don't we? Amy Andrews was the perfect image again, though in the book Maggie Sullivan would be a little older. She's a local news reporter - familiar to the people as someone they see on TV every night at six... and she has Sean as her cameraman... But beneath the surface... Maggie is carrying a secret...

The back blurb reads:

Sean O'Reilly had become so close to his colleague and friend Maggie Sullivan that he was beginning to imagine their friendship could lead to more. Only now, bizarrely, she's backed off - and, even more strangely, she's started looking for love on the internet! Well, if he can't beat them, he'll have to join them... Maggie can't let herself get close to Sean. Not now. Not when she's discovered something that will break all his dreams of happily-ever-after. But she has no idea how much she has hurt Sean - nor how much she has fuelled his determination to make her his... by any means necessary!

Look out for the competitions as they come along this month and as you read this I am already working on our next workshop... In fact I'm working on a couple of weeks worth of Blogs for everywhere... so I can get some more actual writing done...

6 comments:

Sharon J said...

"... which you will devour in a single sitting!" How do people do that? I must be the slowest reader in the universe because I've never managed to read a book in one sitting.

As for Sean, I'm afraid you've got it wrong. He doesn't look anything like Tom Berenger!

Trish said...

I'm afraid I'm a devour girl too.... but then I've always been a speed reader.... Mind you I *thought* I was quick til I saw Natasha read something... :0

And you're right about Sean/Tom - cos he morphed as the book went on... to whom... ahhhh - you gotta wait and see.... (insert evil laughter here....)

Natasha said...

I've not been sick on purpose ...

But, yes, I do read quick!!!!

Jopee said...

Noooo! Sorry Trish, but I cant see Tom Berenger as Sean. Too old :p

I can devour a book in one sitting but that's the whole night on the sofa plus the early hours of the morning *g* Like now... its 3am and Im still roaming the blogs! Better haul myself to bed :D

Jopee said...

Oh, hope you're better soon Natasha!

allyblake said...

I agree! Tom Beremnger never once entered my head for Sean. You have no idea what you're talking about Trish ;).

I looove Amy Andrews though. she's hilarious in Catch Me If You Can. Very warm.

Great book! Great reviews! Just mind you don't get carpal tunnel with all your blogging.

Ally