Friday, November 24, 2006

Breathless! Cover (very quick visit)

Yes - I AM still in the flipping cave - the damn Pineapple book is OFFICIALLY downgraded to banana level after this one - I SWEAR...

But just HAD to share this cover for Breathless! - am CHUFFED TO BITS with this as this is the one that you guys all helped me out with by voting for a new hero to inspire me and yes - they do spend copius amounts of time seriously playing around in a swimming pool!!! So yaayy!!!

This is the story of Cara (my overweight diet book writer) and Rory (my middle east bodyguard who is home injured and is Cara's Personal Trainer - and he's TO DIE FOR - my absolute FAV hero to date). You may remember that I LOVED every second of this book once we got a new hero inspiration in place. I even blogged about it when it was done and said that I felt I had peaked career-wise on this one... I also have to say that with this one I...erm.. 'came out of my shell' ... ;) AND it has some of the wittiest one-liners I've EVER come up with - can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud even when reading the proofs...I loved it so much that in the *tough one to write* that I'm currently working on I have Rory's younger brother Connor as my hero - (he appeared in Breathless! a couple of times) - but lets just say he has proved a tougher nut to crack than his brother...

Big thanks to Julie Cohen for the heads up that the covers were up - cos I've been waiting on this one like a kid waiting for Christmas. We're shelf buddies for the first time when the books come out in February so GO US!!! And you can pop over to Julie's Blog here to see the cover for her book too... I see February being the month I go out to visit my book in a shop and come home with someone elses... AGAIN.

This darling of a precious manuscript of mine is on the homeward stretch now. THANK GOD. So I will be back in the land of the living on Monday. Expect a LOT of catching up!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then expect me to come tell you about REVISIONS - cos this one is SO gonna have them...

7 comments:

Julie Cohen said...

Very nice indeed!

Marcy Bassett-Kennedy said...

Love the cover, Trish. And I'm glad that the ms is coming together for you.

Marcy

Donna Alward said...

YAY! The pool scene! I loved that one.

Very nice cover, babes! Richmond is getting them SO right lately.

Natasha said...

LOL. I only like the pool scene after Trish added in cushions. I'm a 'comfort' girl!! :)

allyblake said...

Oooh, and it's a pool scene o the cover! How fabulous!!! Can't wit to read it, even though you'll send my cheeks pink if you've come out of your shell!!!

Ally

Michelle Styles said...

Lovely cover,Trish.

Glad to know you will be soon emerging into the land of the living.

Trish said...

Thanks guys!!!! I LOVE THIS COVER SOOOOOOO MUCH!

And it's good to have the time to blog again too.... it's a kind of a guilty pleasure for me when I'm ona deadline and seeing as I've felt my writing sucked this time out and I didn't deserve any kind of a reward....

Heavens its good to be back!!!