So, to celebrate, and because I feel I've earned it, and because I've killed my last one due to over-work and therefore have nothing to work on.... I purchased a nice shiny all singing, all dancing laptop!!! WOO-HOO! And I tell ya folks - this thing is so damn fast compared to my last one I'm a bit worried about the amount of time I must have lost this last year... just WAITING. Waiting for downloads, waiting for research searches to complete, waiting for Blog pics to upload... waiting waiting waiting... And I'm also hoping that this vast improvement in speed means I'll lose my temper less... Have to say, I'm less tempted to throw this one out of the window. This one is pretty!
But it was a necessary investment too! So I'm still being good. And I went for a laptop again cos I never sit still. And with planning on doing all of the conferences next year I need something that will travel, right???
- Always wondered what it's like to work in the London Offices????
- Curious about a typical working day????
- Want to know what the layout is like inside the offices???
- Where does the slush pile live and how do they decide who reads them???
- What is the journey of a book from slush pile to publication????
- What day of the week should you shadow the phone for THE CALL????
- How do they decide on Mini-Series or the mix of themes???
- Is it tough deciding what to put on the cover???
- What is the best or worst thing about being an Editor???
You're bound to have things you'd ask!!!! The PHS Editors are compiling a list of questions for the start of the week so if you have something you'd like to try and get on the list then pop over to the Blog or join the Yahoo loop and ask away. There's no guarantee your question might make it but hey! It's worth a try!!! Just remember:
*Obviously due to the limited space we have here at the Blogazine we will be restricted to the number of questions that we can ask... These WILL NOT include any individual queries about manuscripts or any pitches for books... And The Pink Heart Society Editors will reserve the right to choose which questions they feel the Blogazine readers would find most interesting...*
And I'm off now to see what else I can make my new toy do...