Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year = Ideas & A Schedule

So here we are in 2007! And as part of my list of resolutions for this year I am looking to get back on track here at the Blog - so that means planning out what topics I'm hoping to cover this next month or so...

At The Pink Heart Society we are launching two great projects - one of them being the Writer's Diet Club, so I'll be blogging about my progress on here in the hope that public humiliation might help egg me on some... But at least I'm not doing it alone! Jenna Bayley-Burke, Modern Extra Author and Natasha Oakley, Romance Author - and fellow PHS Editors - are also joining in, each of us following different programmes to see what works best...

I've gone for the GI/GL Diet plans myself as I really need something that is very *healthy* based, non-fad, and filling! As a yo-yo dieter for most of my life I've probably done more damage than good, and have paid the price for it on several occassions... But with this plan I get to focus on putting good stuff into my body and hopefully upping my energy levels, which seem to have been flagging dreadfully this last couple of months... I'm also launching onto a fairly gruelling exercise programme, as this is the one thing that has made the biggest difference to me in the past, and the lack of one has done the most damage since I went Full Time at this writing lark... so no more using the flipping Swiss Ball as a foot rest while I write - NOW I have to actually use it for what it was designed for!!! I've also ordered my first set of scales (I've always gone by how tight my clothes are) and a teeny MP3 player to listen to music as I work out and walk and a measuring tape to try and keep track of any inches I'll hopefully lose... You see I'm really quite serious about this. It's been part of Phase 2 of my writing career *business plan* since the start that when I had a few books under my belt I would make myself over before I attended conferences - and as I have a full travel schedule planned for this summer, I have a time frame to dump these extra pounds of Writers Butt and to get into the best shape ever... Gimme a few days for the scales to arrive so I have a starting point and I'll put up a sliding counter thingie similar to the one we use for showing our progress on a WIP and don't forget to visit The Pink Heart Society's No Temptation Tuesday on the first Tuesday of every month to pick up tips and see how everyone is getting on... All words of encouragement greatly received...

The second topic is one for writers who aim to finish a book in 2007 - being launched at The Pink Heart Society on Saturday 13th as the PHS FinDaBoo (Finish Damn Book). Unlike NaNo which runs over the space of a month - FinDaBoo will allow writers to work at their own pace, on their own schedules, with the aim of making 2007 the year they get that book in their head onto paper. There will be guest authors handing over pearls of advice about the discipline of working through a story from start to finish and people who join in will be able to look for critique partners who are targetting the same lines and can check in once a month to share their progress... So, it seemed like a good time to go back over the Book With Trish series and continue on from where we left off... And when the series is finished I'll be running a competition for one of the participants to receive a free critique on their first three chapters from yours truly... (keeping in mind that it by no means will guarantee you a sale!!!) So, if you're at all interested in continuing where we left off before I got deeply bogged down with the book I was writing at the time, you can refresh your memory here before we start again...

My next book for the Romance line is due at the end of February so what I hope to do, all accidents and incidents permitting, is to write alongside you again... In the meantime I'll come back in the next couple of days and discuss some of the pitfalls I found in the last book that caused me so much difficulty as Part Two of the Lessons Learned post I did last month... How does that sound???

And don't forget the Big End Of Year Competition that is running until 31st January where you can win the four UK releases I had out in 2006 - which we will then follow up in February with a competition to win a copy of my second Modern Extra - Breathless! - which is available on the Mills And Boon website as of - NOW!
Woo-Hoo!

6 comments:

Jan Sprenger said...

Good Luck with the diet! I did the Carol Vorderman detox for four weeks - a slog but what a difference it made. Lost 7lb, saw visible improvement in cellulite (well, in the legs actually, since the cellulite reduced) and bags under eyes disappeared. So go for it!

JENNA said...

FinDaBoo! Oh, that's good! I'm starting a new book today. Maybe 2. I might pretend I am Ally Blake and write 2 at once!

JENNA said...

Oh! And YOU on a Diet is all the rage here. I'm trying to drag HubbaBubba on it to up his Hubba factor, but he opted for Fosters instead.

Rachael said...

HI Trish

Thought I'd out myself. I've been reading your blog for a while and loved the write a book with you lessons, so I'm very excited to hear that you'll be doing more of the same! Yay!!!

Good luck with the diet too. I'm on a mission to lose my pregnancy weight, and I'm just trying to exercise a bit more.

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

TRISH!!!

Now I know that you're really back!!!

FinDaBoo is another excellent idea, and I can't wait to get back to your Book With Trish series. As for the competitions... WOW!!!

I'm off to the M&B website...

Sue :-)

Trish said...

Hey all! And BIG HELLO to Rachael!!!

Yup - tis good to be back... Even if the whole detoxing thing is giving me teenage acne...sigh...

Heres hoping this next book doesnt prove as troublesome as the last so I can keep to all these things... am putting everything together bit by bit ahead of time so fingers crossed...