Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Weekly Weigh In



Yep so it's a week since I first blogged about dieting with the PHS Diet Club so here I am, eight days in and back with an update on how things are going...


Actually, so far so good. Though I know me well enough to know that won't last forever... So I'm riding the *so far so good* wave for as long as I can. And I'm also experienced enough in the world of dropping and gaining weight to know that this first weeks results won't be the same every single week - though they are encouraging! Just by eating what the GI plan tells me to eat, by making sure there's none of the usual nonsense in the house to tempt me, and by keeping to the exercise plan even when I don't feel like it I'm making a difference - and this first week will show the most dramatic results of that cos it's such a big change to what I've been doing for months now! Yes Trish, sitting on your butt writing and only getting up long enough to feed animals and snack from the kitchen and drink gallons of coffee and not exercising AT ALL will lead to you getting fatter by the millisecond. Planning your day, having specific breaks that allow you to make the food up or exercise or go ride your horse, not only has a dramatic effect - it also brings one back to the keyboard fresher. BONUS.

Food wise the one thing I am loving about this diet isn't just the fact that I'm never hungry (I actually have to force myself to eat everything the plan wants me to cos I've always been an eat when I feel like it kinda gal - and that has led to eating crap and slowing my metabolism down) it's the fact that I'm eating things I have never even tried before and am LOVING THEM. Sweet potatoe - love it. Couscous - love it (and deadly handy to make). Aubergine - Love it. Black Olives - mmm... like more than I thought I would. Hummus (or however it's spelt) - could eat it with everything! So not only am I eating healthy, I'm enjoying what I'm eating - and that means I'm more likely to stick to it, right???

Exercise wise - the Lateral Thigh Trainer - jolly handy little piece of kit... I get to use it while the TV is on so if I'm watching something good I'm distracted from the fact that I'm exercising until I start to really ache. And so far, what I'm doing is keeping going measuring the number of steps I do each day and if I ache lots I take a break and come back to it again until I've done the number I've set myself. Upping the steps each time. And when I can do it all in one go with ease I'll up to the harder setting.

Haven't used the ball yet but will this week...

And have been on my horse lots - which is actually causing me the most discomfort muscle wise. Though I am getting some solace from the fact that poor Charlie is feeling it as much as I am... Bless him...

I'll be back to continue this next week...

Meanwhile, I have a book launch party for a brand new author to attend this weekend in Dublin - so I'll be back with lots of pics from that and hopefully some from the wander round I plan on doing while I'm there... And before I leave I'll do that oft times promised blog about the lessons I learned from that last book before we start with the Book With Trish series again next week...

1 comment:

Nicola Marsh said...

Great going, Trish!