Monday, February 19, 2007

I've been good for ages...

Your Element Is Air

You dislike conflict, and you've been able to rise above the angst of the world.
And when things don't go your way, you know they'll blow over quickly.

Easygoing, you tend to find joy from the simple things in life.
You roll with the punches, and as a result, your life is light and cheerful.

You find it easy to adapt to most situations, and you're an open person.
With you, what you see is what you get... and people love that!
Well...c'mon... In fairness I've been REALLY good about these things for AGES now!!! Not so much of an addiction anymore I feel. Though still equally as distracting when you go for a quick look-see whilst on a wee *break* from your WIP...
Actually I've found it quite tough to get into this book. No particular reason - just unsettled I guess. And it's that time of the year I hate the most, when everywhere is varying shades of brown and messy and the weather can affect how much outside time you have. I also hate being cold. Really I do. Having had a long talk with myself, it's not that I could live somewhere where there was sunshine, sunshine - oh, for a bit of a change - a little more sunshine, (I'd miss the seasons) but I really do think that the tail end of winter and me don't mix. Evidence? Sleep pattern seriously messed up. Restless. Listless. Could sleep til spring if sleep pattern would allow.
So anyway - had a long chat with lovely editor yesterday, which, along with my deadline, has motivated me somewhat. And today read Nicola Marsh's interesting post over at The Pink Heart Society about speed writing. Some really interesting points. And interesting also that a lot of the things I do actually do when close to deadline. Maybe I'm just one of those people that speeds up when under pressure??? I wouldn't recommend it, but hey, if that's what it takes...
Also, I've become obsessed with not falling down the *cliche* hole. The beauty of this brand new revamped romance line is that there is room for a lot of modern takes on the problems relationships might have, and I love that, it appeals to the way I write. But this book could so easily have led me down that hole - if I let it - so I'm trying really hard to avoid that happening. I wonder if we all end up expecting more of our writing as we go along or if it's just that I do love to make life difficult for myself??? I have to say, I have the greatest admiration for people who have dozens of books under their belt and can still continue to enthrall.
Right. Back to work I go. I promise to come back soon and continue with the workshops, if there's anyone still out there ;)
Oh - and if you've had a problem with the comments, it's Blogger playing me up. I find right clicking and selecting open does the trick... TTFN.

2 comments:

Sue aka MsCreativity :-) said...

Hey Trish, I'm still here, albeit intermittently ;-).

I'm hoping to get back to my writing in a couple of weeks, and the first thing I'll be doing is catching up on all of your workshops that I may have missed.

Sue :-)

Trish said...

Hey Sue!!!!!! GOOD! Will be nice to have some company!!! Am feeling very cave-like-isolated at the mo and once this book is done I really need to get stuck into the next one... Sigh...

So much for having the longer book finished this year then...

LOOK AFTER YOU MY FRIEND!!!!