Wednesday, April 25, 2007

All Set To Go...

Well I'm just about ready to Rock and Roll again... and I don't just throw that R&R term in there for no good reason. Turns out when I started to put my soundtrack together Gabe piped up to tell me that there was no way in hell he was listening to some of the *girl* tracks I had playing while Alex told me his story. Might've been alright with the squirt he said. But he wasn't having it.... (That's Alex the 6ft 1 *squirt* mind...)

So it turns out that Gabe is a *rock* kinda guy; Van Halen, Aerosmith, ZZ Top - he doesn't mind the Nickelback so long as there's some of the *bring it on* tracks on there and he'll even stretch to some less-rock-like Snow Patrol, but the closest he's getting to a *girl track* is a Whitesnake ballad. And he had his arms folded when he gave me that list. Mind you, while he's lazing on the sofa like that all across my computer screen he can pretty much have a soundtrack of cats fighting and I'll do whatever he says...

This one is BOSSY.

So I'm gonna see how many song references I can get in there... I tell ya, there's more than enough Modx inspiration in some of the titles... Lemme see... From Van Halen we have - Finish What You Started, Ain't Talkin Bout Love, Right Now and Can't Stop Loving You.... Aerosmith adds - Livin On The Edge, Amazing, Sweet Emotion, Falling In Love (is hard on the knees) - To say nothing of ZZ Top and Got Me Under Pressure.... Hey, you know, Gabe could just be onto something here...
And Gabe is no sissy sportscar/sailing kinda guy either. He's the truck/powertools kinda guy. The *squirt* (apparently - so I'm told) might have time from his drawing pictures of buildings to go play - but Gabe WORKS for a living. If he didn't put in the hours he does then that *squirts* buildings would never get off the pretty paper, would they? Wellll - I'm not about to argue with him...
Mind you, he did look very happy with his cosy little ex-estate workers terraced house beside the Grand Canal in Dublin... seems to me he may be tough on the outside... but inside...
JEEZ - ALRIGHT GABE - I'm going to write!!!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I love manly men like Gabe. As a matter of fact, I married one! Can't wait to read his story!

Trish said...

Ooooh Marcy! You lucky thing!

I tell ya - bossy and all as Gabe is, I'm quite enjoying his way of looking at things. Very funny in a very male way. And not AT ALL what my heroine was expecting after so long away from home...

Mind you, he doesn't give much away...
A few chapters down the line he might loosen up some...