Monday, April 9, 2007

Decisions... Decisions...


Oooh... dunno that I can top last week!!! What on earth shall I blog about this week??? It's a toughie!

I guess I could tell you how I'm doing in the wordcount war tomorrow... IF I get my ACT INTO GEAR!

I SUPPOSE on Wednesday I COULD see about showing you a cover for Bride Of The Emerald Isle... Maybe. If I can get one scanned in that is...

By Thursday I'm hoping to be able to confirm all the details of my new February Romance Her One And Only Valentine - and if I can then I'll put an excerpt onto the website!

And on Friday we'll do some Writers Tips Stuff! I'll have to see where I'm at on the Book With Trish Series to see if we can pick up from there - or I'll take requests - yup, I'm open to a request or two... Bring em on gals...

Let's see what the week brings us, shall we???

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Trish
I've just started reading your books and think they're brilliant. I've had a few goes at writing for the HM&B and so far have had a couple of fulls requested but not got any further. Do you think if you get that far that's promising? Please say yes!! I'm doing a new one at the moment.
Jane

Trish said...

Hi Jane!

Lovely to *meet* you!!!! And THANKYOU for reading the books!!! That endears you to me right off the bat... ;)

YES!!!! ANY request for a full shows that the team thought your voice and your story showed promise! And thats a foot in the door. The door may only seem to be open a wee teeny crack but a lot of people are still waiting for the door to even open that much! TRUST ME!

I know many many writers who spend book after book honing their craft and every single one, whether it makes it into print or not, is part of the learning curve! If you ever get any notes or words from the eds then they're golddust. Listen to what they have to say. Learn from it and put it to good use. Once published the exact same things have to be learned from every set of revisions...

Even without the golddust notes you can still hold your head aloft cos they're asking for fulls. Think of each step towards acquisition as a rung on a ladder, okay? And keep reading what they're putting out in the line your aiming for - look at how the writer formed the conflict, how the emotion developed... what made them different from the last one you read... And ask questions! Lots of em - wherever you can...

The romance writing community is one of the friendliest you'll ever meet online! HONEST!!!

ALL THE BEST with the new one!!! And drop by anytime you wanna ask anything! I'm nearly always here at some point or another (just don't ever tell my editor its that often - okay?)