Monday, April 23, 2007

Goodbye Alex and H-E-L-L-O Gabe

So Letting Loose has gone - altogether say awwwww.... It's now in the hands of my lovely editor, so I get to playing the waiting game until we see whether or not that little bit of magic I felt during the writing translates in the reading. My current record of six weeks to write a book with Her Unexpected Baby is now officially SMASHED as this one took, all told, roughly three...

I've told my lovely Editor not to expect that to ever happen again....Can't go lookin for the fairy dust all the time I'm devastated to say...

So what does one wee Irish Author come up with to cope with the post-book-crash syndrome??? Why she goes to play with the linked book of course!!! Silly me...

And with pictures like these to replace my gorgeous Alex and Merrow, you kinda got say that I'm already a little distracted from the loss. Some. The theory I'm running with is that my head is already *in that world*, right? So while it's there I may as well run with it... I don't have a schedule yet for the rest of this year or set deadlines until I get caught up with admin (a rare, rare thing - trust me!) - and I really want to be a little ahead before I go travelling this summer - so let's just see what I can manage to get done while I'm on a roll. Okay? You with me???

So after a very few hours sleep I've begun to repeat the exact same set up process I used for Letting Loose to see if I can hold onto the magic with the very tips of my fingers for ju-ust a little longer. It's a bit like trying to catch a fairy at the bottom of the garden if you ask the cynic in me. But hey - I'm feeling rejuvenated in my craft so I'm game!

So here we go with Getting Even - the follow up story. If you 've been visiting while Letting Loose was being written (and if you weren't - erm - hello??? WHERE WERE YOU??? You missed a bit of a phenomenon!) - then you'll already have met the lovely Alexander Fitzgerald - this time out we've telling his sister Ashling's story...

So keeping in mind that Alex was the guy from the old money family, the one with the playboy lifestyle and all that... then Ash is also of that ilk - except she was the family rebel...

And then we add to the picture the very yummy Gabriel Burke, who grew up with Alex and Ash. Gabe is the son of the family housekeeper and the estate groundkeeper. And practically from childhood he has been rescuing Ash from all her varying adventures gone wrong - no matter how much she fought with him when she didn't want rescuing! She thinks he's boring and far too sensible - see's him almost as a party pooper. He just thinks she's a spoiled brat. But regardless of that, and the fact they've always fought the bit out since she hit her teens and went on the rebel without a clue path, they've always been friends.

Skip forward to the start of the story, and Ash is home from Europe. She's been gone eight years, due to a scandal I 'm not telling you about - so there! And while she's been gone Gabe has made a career for himself the hard-slog way and is now a Property Developer who often works with Alex's architects firm...(think blue collar sexy okay?) But some old habits die hard. Even if they are both now all grown up...

The theme tune for this one is Far Away by Nickelback and once again has just PERFECT lyrics!!! (A big thanks to the lovely Sharon Cullen for befriending me on Myspace and introducing it to me!) So if you get the chance pop over here to my Myspace Page where I've loaded the song for you to hear. Turn the volume up gang! Listen to the lyrics and see if you think they match the story I've described... And you'll be able to picture me at the keyboard, listening to it as I work on this new story...

I'm gonna bring you more background stuff as I go along and meanwhile I'm gonna take a couple of days to catch up on life and to sort out my emails and Blogs I'm doing this week and Website stuff... ooohh... and to read some of my lovely competition entries... ;)

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Wow! Your 3 weeks sure beats my three years! Congrats on finishing so quickly. That's quite an accomplishment.

Natasha said...

I'm not a violent woman - but if you write this one in three weeks I'm flying over to smack you! It really is pushing friendship to the absolute limit.

Nice new hero though!