Friday, April 6, 2007

I'm A Finalist!!!


I've just received the news that Project: Parenthood is a finalist for the HOLT MEDALLION AWARD from the Virginia branch of the RWA! As the boys above say - WOO-HOO!

Understandably I'm chuffed to bits with the news and had to pop in and tell you all!!! This is especially fantabulous as my very good buddie Natasha Oakley is also a finalist with her Accepting The Boss's Proposal!!! I feel like Natasha and I have already taken such a long journey together and this is our first year entering contests (We shared the trials and tribulations of figuring out how to enter together!) so to be there side by side is wonderful! I could go all mushy about what a great gal she is but she's British and she'd HATE THAT. So I won't.

Project: Parenthood was a lovely book to write and the first I worked on with my lovely Editor Jenny Hutton - so a big shout out to Jenny for all her help!!! YOU ROCK BABE. And remember what I said about never marrying or having kids or even thinking of a career change... We agreed you'd NEVER LEAVE ME, remember???

Am now off to celebrate in TRUE IRISH FASHION!!!!
****UPDATE****
The full list is now up here and I'm even more ecstatic to see that another great gal pal Ally Blake is also on the list with her Meant-To-Be-Mother!!!! What a jolly good showing for the Romance line and what a hellish good showing for the PHS !!! It just keeps getting better... Now if Ally would just come back off her silly holiday we could all party together!

13 comments:

Charlotte Alexander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trish said...

THANKYOU!!!!

AM-A-TAD-THRILLED!

Nicola Marsh said...

OMG Trish!
What fabulous news :)))

Natasha said...

Sharing the 'trails and tribulations of how to enter' mostly consisted of me 'msn'ing 'how many books do they want again?' and 'so, that's the NA first release date is it???' and 'b-b-but what if they've had sex together before the book starts' ... All very difficult questions!

CONGRATULATIONS!! May I say you're in excellent company??!?!? LOL

AND you won the RT best first series romance book over me so it's my turn!

Fiona Harper said...

Trish! HUGE congrats! You rock!

Liz Fielding said...

I do love your understated style, Trish!

No, this is seriously, seriously good news and I'm thrilled for both you and Natasha.

And I've never worked out whether it's just sex on the page in Traditionals, or ever in the past. Or just ever. Let's face it, "Romance" is in a category all of its. Traditional Short Contemporary...

Ally Blake said...

You go girl!!! And Natasha too!!! For two books I just adored. Yummy, yummy, yummy stuff.

Ally

Trish said...

You're all LOVELY!!! Thanks for coming over to say congrats!!!

I'm really chuffed. Really, really am. And Natasha we could do the whole 'You - no you - no you!' thing but wouldn't that make us like those people who do the 'You hang up first - no you - no you..'thing...? Whereas we BOTH KNOW we'd be the very people to walk over and hang up for them...LOL. People all say that its finalling that matters and it may sound trite but tis true! And every success - large or small - deserves a WOO-HOO I think... and a glass of something... or two...or three...

I think Romance as a whole has so much to celebrate this year. We should all be very proud!

Liz I agree with you on the Trad banner LOL - all very subjective methinks. In Project: Parenthood they aren't married but pregnant by the end. Nothing on the page. But fairly obvious that the horizontal mambo may have come into play.... But I didn't know quite what to do so I closed my eyes, grimaced, and threw it into Trad anyways... This year was my learning curve year...

Still soooooo much to learn in this game....What we need Liz is for you to do us a manual of some sort - with guidelines and pitfalls and everything... PLEASE??? PRETTY PLEASE???

Margaret McDonagh said...

Many, many congratulations Trish - and you, Natasha! Fantastic news. I'm delighted for you both.

Love,
Mags

JENNA said...

You know...you should start your next story with an Irish celebration!

Marcy said...

Huge congrats, Trish. That is definitely worthy of a celebratory beverage...or two.

Marcy

Rachael said...

Adding my congrats!!! And of course, congrats to your fellow PH Natasha too.

Sue aka MsCreativity :-) said...

Wow Trish that's FANTASTIC news! MEGA CONGRATULATIONS - and CONGRATULATIONS to Natasha too.

Love,
Sue :-)

P.S. That's me who has deleted your first comment *embarrassed* - Blogger gave my recent procrastinating away by using the wrong name for my comment...