Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Let Battle Commence!!!

Three Modern Extra Authors....

Three Brand New Books....

WHO will get there first??????

Jeez but I LOVE a wordcount war!!!! There's nothing quite like it to motivate you to get those words down on paper... yes, a deadline is motivating... yes, being paid an advance is motivating... But keeping up with your pals??? *insert manic laughter* Oh-yes-indeedy - now THAT will keep a gal going! So we should be off to a running start about now.... Jenna Bayley-Burke has a little bit of a head start... Ally Blake has words down - I *know* she does! Cos she *never* works on just the one book - she goes play with a new one when she gets stumped in the one she's on - so there are words... they're just being held very tight to her chest... Grrrrr....

So I'm officially playing catch-up... But I just loooovvvveeeee this story! I may have mentioned that when I introduced you to Alex from Letting Loose the other day... And now I have a theme tune and a soundtrack made for this book and a word doc opened and labelled and my character pics done and my research done... I'm good to go!!!

If you want to look up my theme tune with the oh-so-perfect words then it's from Take That's new album Beautiful World and it's called Ain't No Sense In Love. You can get it from Amazon here if you don't have the ability to download... (from somewhere LEGAL folks!!!)

So keeping in my mind that the lyrics are from Alex's point of view... I'll give you a little background and a snippet of the lyrics to show why the song is so perfect...

You already met the very yummy Alex Fitzgerald. Alex is a second generation Architect running the family firm - think old money - think stretches the rules but doesn't break them type - sexy as get out - confident, cocky... just think delicious, okay? Then add to his life a rebellious rock star with a million dollar hotel project that's making Alex insane. And then have that rock star demand an off-the-wall designer...

Enter Merrow O'Connell - free spirited, as confident as Alex and then some, from a family that runs an *alternative therapies for couples* centre in the middle of nowhere. *cough* And let's just say she's about to make him the teensiest little bit insane on a daily basis... *insert-evil- writer-about-to-torture-characters-laughter*

Now picture me at the keyboard with Take That singing in my ears:

I’m afraid of the morning
I’m afraid of the light
You should come with a warning
Ye-ah, you should be wearing a sign
Oh you’re such a beautiful trouble
So you better beware
One look and I was in right over my head
O-oh this misery!
But there’s no place on earth I’d rather be-e…

And the afraid of the morning afraid of the light part? Well let's just say these days it's not just the guys that can disappear in the middle of the night. I did say she was making him insane, right???

More lyrics from Gary Barlow and more Letting Loose biz as the Battle Commences!!!! (can you tell it's springtime over here and I'm coming out of the light deficiency period of my year???)

4 comments:

Ally Blake said...

Ooooh, I looove your heroine Trish!!! And your song. And your set up. How bloody fabulous!

And Jenna is in a haunted house!!!

I'm going to have to pull my finger out and get creative ;).

Ally

Trish said...

I'm glad you like her Ally! That pic just summed her up to a tee in my wee mind!!! So full of mischief I thought... poor Alex!

And I have the song played to absolute death... Lyrics being important to me and all (that'll be a throw back to my days selling music I spose...)

And I sincerely hope you're not storming ahead...

JENNA said...

I need a soundtrack!

And a challenge to see how bawdy these books can be. I have a reputation to uphold...so...my poor hero is quite blue. Two ahem scenes and he's had no satisfaction. All that...in 50 pages. Onwards!

Trish said...

You don't need a damn soundtrack Jenna if you have 50 PAGES!!!!!!! 50!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going right off you you know...