Saturday, April 21, 2007

Putting The Pieces Together

You're all being ever so good and patient! THANK YOU!

I'm hitting the point that I call the *turn around* about now and I'm procrastinating a little by popping in here to chat to you. Not that I'm stuck, cos I'm not. I'm just really loathe to let go of these characters. They've given me such an immense amount of fun on their journey and rejuvenated my love for what I do and the thought of having to say goodbye to them in 10k's time is a bit depressing. Cos this might not happen again, you know? I feel a post-book-crash coming on...so if you find me wandering aimlessly somewhere next week just put me back in my box, okay? Don't forget to tuck me in.

So I thought I'd tell you a little about how all the pieces of the puzzle are now slotting together. It's the best part of writing a story in my humble opinion. And there's something deeply satisfying to it. All the little details I researched and collected are in place, some details even surprising me as they appear, cos I hadn't realized how they were relevant until the words came off the end of my fingertips and appeared on the screen. Like actual lines or *echos* from the theme tune, that only you guys will pick up on if it makes it to print, cos the non-blog-visiting reader won't know what they mean...

Like Alex telling Merrow 'You should come with a warning...' or Merrow telling Alex 'I may be what you want Alex, but I'm not what you need...'

Then of course there are the pictures I've been showing you as I go along. Merrow's little white shorts sexy look that first attracted Alex. Alex's stern unreadable expression in the initial black and white head-shot from the first blogs when I was starting to write and then the picture I'm showing you yet again (lemme alone - I LOVE THIS PIC) where he's just oozing sex appeal in his simple jeans and white shirt combo - doesn't he look like he's been loosened up some?

There are all of Merrow's clothes - one outfit that I didn't show you from the second chapter playing a hugely important part in the ending... But I'm not gonna tell you why... And Alex's playboy like trappings which leads to the 'Playboy Lover' term appearing frequently throughout the story... even though it doesn't begin to scratch the surface. Think not reading a book by it's cover here gang...

And then way near the start Jenna Bayley-Burke did a blog about colours and astrology and when I went for a nosy I found two stars signs for Alex and Merrow. Just not to be outdone you realize (though I still don't *get* what a lot of the other stuff meant so I'm obviously still a little too blonde for it...) Anyway, I read it, and added the page to my favourites and left it alone and I've only just opened it to check when Alex's birthday is for the scene I'm on. And when I read it again it was pretty much EXACTLY the way they are!!! Subliminally pasted onto my brain maybe??? Told ya this book was being channelled...

So keeping in mind that Alex is the Taurus and Merrow the Leo, we got this (and I'm copying and pasting so it's word-for-word, I jest you not):
Leo finds sensuality and passion with Taurus. These two signs will party, play and share a strong friendship. They share similar ideas about sex and that’s a great start. Taurus is instantly attracted to outgoing Leo. Taurus will stick with Leo through good times and not so great times. This is something Leo needs to feel secure. Taurus also finds Leo independence very attractive. This is a highly rewarding combination that has both long and short term potential. Before they know it, they could fall madly in love. Taurus is serious and sensual. Leo considers Taurus a keeper and friendship will always be evident long after the attraction has ended. You will learn more about yourselves in this relationship. It’s worth the insight.

(As a single Leo myself I found this *very* interesting...)

But that's pretty much their characters in a nutshell... As to whether or not I've slotted all those puzzle pieces into a story that works? Well, pretty soon that'll be in the hands of my lovely Editor... And if it makes it past her then you'll get to be the judge...
Expect a farewell ceremony for Alex and Merrow and Letting Loose in the very near future *SNIFFLE* - no really - I'll be fine... Don't worry about me...

6 comments:

Kate Walker said...

All I can say is that I'm a Taurus and - guess what - the Babe Magnet is a Leo. And we've been together - er - lots and lots of years. So yep it can work.

I suggest you find yourself a Mr Taurus, my dear. When is your birthday btw?

Great that the book shows no sign of flagging - You are so making me want to read this one

Trish said...

Real life affirmation of astrology!!! I'm LOVING THAT!

Yes... I can certainly *look* Kate. But *find*... gimme a minute to pick myself up off my laughing position on the floor... And I'm the 5th of August. Better yet I was born at 5.25 on the 5th. There's probably some deep and meaningful thing attached to all those fives, isn't there?

Here's hoping this one makes it past my Ed then... ;)

Rachael said...

Trish - your enthusiasm for this book is so lovely!!

Trish said...

Rachael I'm just so very glad that that's coming across! I swear - I've lost a little bit of my heart to this book, I really have.

I'm on the very last chapter now and I'm typing slower and slower and procrastinating by playing with my word counter every 500 words... it's pathetic... I just DONT-WANT-TO-LET-GO!!!

It'll have to be dragged out of my hands at this rate...

JENNA said...

You finished! Super congrats!!

(Have you tried point and click for the follow up story? If you channel that one too, you could finish two before I slog through one!)

Rachael said...

Just noted - you're over the word limit and have written 'The End.' Congrats! Guess you won the war!!