Friday, May 4, 2007

Oooohhhh!

Alright - is it just me or are the Modern Extra covers just getting better and better as they go along??? HUH? HUH?? Cos look what my postman brought me today....

It's my first every black and white cover pic and I SINCERELY HOPE tis not the last! The back blurb had this to say about the book that was - cough - *a tough one to write* - cough:

"The bad-boy billionaire is back!

Connor Flanaghan had always been out of her league. He was strong, gorgeous, and his charm was legendary! As a naive teenager Shannon could only gaze from the sidelines... as the love of her life stared straight past her.

Now Shannon is all grown up, in control of her life, and she's left the past and her crush behind... or so she thinks.

Connor has just walked in through her door, but the lazy smile is gone, replaced by a ruthless glint in his eye - the bad-boy billionaire is back, and he's better than ever!"

This was the book I started when we first launched the Book With Trish series (links for it are on the Writer's Tips page of my website) - the book that made me abandon you all mid-way cos it was proving so...erm... testing... And it's the follow up to Breathless! as Connor is Rory's younger brother... Beware tho - the Connor in Breathless! has changed by the time we get to The Return Of The Rebel - why? - well... you'll see...

You can read an excerpt of The Return Of The Rebel on it's book page at the website along with some of the background story... and, yes, I'm now off to read it from cover to cover, sad banana that I am, to see if the *tough one to write* element comes through in the reading... See - the angst never ends folks!!!
But man - LOVE THAT COVER...

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Oohhh, very intrigued about Rory's change....

Kate Walker said...

Now that would make me want to pick it up from the shelf . . .if it wasn't also for the fact that it's about Rory - and it's written by you!

Kate

Kate Walker said...

That it's about CONNOR! Connor, Kate - Connor

Note to self - drink morning coffee before commenting on any blog posts!

Marcy said...

Hot cover, Trish!

Marcy

Trish said...

I'm sooooooo glad you guys all liked it! I'm CHUFFED TO BITS WITH IT!!!

Here's hoping it gets picked up off the shelves! Cos having read it I think its alright you know ;) But who am I to judge???