Monday, May 28, 2007

Update & The Flanaghan Family

Alright first up - apologies for the disappearance! Spring has sprung here and that means I'm dragged forceably outside a heck of a lot more to tend to things like ponies and fields and fencelines and I could go on and on and on... And then on Friday I ended up deep in the wilds of Donegal to look at a new Miniature Shetland mare to add to the breeding program... so she'll be collected later this week and introduced to the rest of the gang... here's hoping they're all mannerly to her - neice number two has named her Angel...

Saturday the copy edits arrived for Her One And Only Valentine - so I spent the afternoon reading it from start to finish and trying to pick up all those teeny tiny mistakes that would make me INSANE if they made it to print... Am really pleased with how it read and I think Kane is YUMMY (could still see Nathan Fillion as him while reading so that's a good sign I feel). Here's hoping anyone who reads it thinks he's as yummy too... ;)

Then Sunday I spent all day doing Pink Heart Society stuff as we try to get ahead for the rest of the summer while we're all so manically busy! Lots of emails back and forth, lots of chatting and throwing ideas into the ether - I kinda love that about the PHS - and I found a Male On Monday for June that sent my muse into overdrive for a new Romance plot!!! MUST-NOT-THINK-OF-NEW-BOOKS-TIL-CURRENT-BOOK-FINISHED!!!

Especially since I've been so wicked thinking up new ideas of late for the Flanaghan family after an email from a lovely reader who has read both Rory (Breathless!) AND Connor's (The Return Of The Rebel) stories and was wondering if I was thinking of doing the other two brothers stories too...

To that I had to confess that they've never been too far from the back of my mind - especially since Mal briefly appeared in Rebel... and then of course there's Tess too - the one and only sister amongst all those huge, stunningly good-looking men. Kinda gotta think they didn't make anyone thinking of dating her feel that comfortable when they were all young...hmmm... And then what about the youngest brother Callum??? Welll... having been asked the part of my brain where they all live demanded attention... So of course after emailing the reader back I then went and found pics of Tess, Mal and Callum to go with Rory and Connor's pics... B-A-D-T-R-I-S-H...

But then I've always been a sucker for linked stories as a reader, so I guess I was bound at some point to want to try a series myself... All they'd need is the right stories to go with them, right???

But following my own policy of not veering off into the land of another story while still inhabiting the world of the one I'm currently working on I had to force myself to put the pictures into a family tree and then LEAVE IT THE HECK ALONE...

For now anyway...

Meanwhile - just for anyone who might be curious - here are the pics of all the Flanaghan family - From the top we have Rory, Connor, Tess, Mal and Callum... Anyone else see why I feel the need to go visit them again???

But there's still GABE.

So I'll bring you Ash's interview tomorrow and then we'll try and do another Book With Trish blog shall we?? Oh - and for those of you who joined in the chat about Craft Books - Michelle Styles has been blogging about the Robert McKee book that Nindespin recommended to me... THANKS MICHELLE... Just click on her name and you can have a look see what she said - I know I'll certainly be ordering a copy... AFTER GABE IS GONE...

6 comments:

jackietoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jackietoo said...

Your posts always sound as if you are actually speaking to us. :D

Thanks for sharing yourself both through the blog and through your wonderful books!!

Trish said...

Thankyou hun!!! Oh and btw I meant to email you to say I'd sent a second parcel to you after the first didn't appear... There'll be a little circled '2' on the back to let you know it's the second one... and if the first one appears just give it to a local second hand store or a friend or something okay??? FLIPPING SUPID POSTAL SERVICE!

I'll tell you a little story - someone who knows me in real life once read my books and said that it felt like there were three people in bed - her, her hubby and ME talking in her ear... lol. I guess my personality just escapes a little... And I LOVE my blog friends!!! As a single gal living alone in the left kidney of the a** of nowhere you guys are my lifeline to the outside world... ;)

Just be thankful I don't blog all my insecurities as I go along! That's a little too close to therapy-seeking I feel...

jackietoo said...

LOL I thought that's where I lived!

Isn't it great how we can have friends all over the world now who are there at the touch of a button?

Thanks for the goodies and I hope you're feeling better :D

Trish said...

Ooooohhhh does that mean you actually *got them* this time???

And yes - I love that about blogging!!! And of course we're ALL incredibly gorgeous and glamourius in Blog land aren't we???

jackietoo said...

No, not yet. But it's gotta be soon, right? :D

Yes, I'm 5'10" with long,flowing red hair and a perfect hourglass figure. And always groomed perfectly and dressed to the nines. Bwahahahahaha!