Sunday, June 3, 2007

A Special Time For A Special Friend

This month and next is a special time for a very very special friend of mine - Kate Walker.

Kate has reached that milestone of 50 books in print - 50 GANG - Thats five-zer0!!!!!! An AMAZING FEAT I feel as I struggle with number 15!!! I may be an axe murderer by the time I hit 25 and yet Kate is as lovely a person as I'm sure she was at book one...

Ooooh... now do I talk book first or blog party first... book or blog.... b-o-o-k or b-l-o-g...

BOOK DARNNIT!!!! - Cos lemme tell you I picked this up on Friday (when I should have been mashing up pineapple if you get my drift) with the intention of getting Kate to sign it for me when I go see her later this week... And then I made a VERY BIG MISTAKE...

Yes folks - I opened the cover and read a couple of pages..

Wellll.... that was that then. Bye-bye pineapple HELLO VITO!!! This is a gorgeous book - and remember we talked about tapping into the fantasy of the readers? YUM! The book starts out wih a gorgeously romantic premise that you can *see* in the back of your mind and then it just takes you from page to page to page without you even realizing you're turning them... I even went weepy eyed at the end!!! And lemme tella ya - apart from the one week outta every four it's not easy to get me to do that!!! And Kate did it with two simple words in Italian. IT-IS-SO-AS-WELL-I-LIKE-THIS-WOMAN...... Disgustingly good book - and if anyone still thinks that Modern/Presents books can be old fashioned?? Well - this one might just change your mind...

It's a book to be proud of Kate! And here's hoping I can wrestle it outta my mother's fingers long enough to get it signed...

Now BLOG - In order to celebrate the release of the book Kate is having a Blog Party with over a month's worth of special guests and prizes and interesting snippets of info about changing covers and the various hero's in her life (real and fictional) so do pop by and join in the fun - hey - you might even spot the odd Irish lass over there ;)

And as is the tradition I'm posting pics of my cats for my cat loving friend Kate. Meet Daisy and Max - my writing companions. Daisy is the multi-coloured distainful looking one and Max is the one guarding the windowsill... I'm a great believer that people don't choose cats - cat's choose them - cos let's face it - if they don't wanna stay they won't... And both Daisy and Max *chose* to live with me - though Daisy does let me know every single day that that was an honour and I should be fully aware of that fact! Max was a stray who moved in while I was away playing horses just over a year ago - and as soft and as snuggly a pudkin as he may be in the house - outside of it he's a holy terror! And has gained the nickname Maximus Pussimus for his gladiatorial qualities in beating the stuffing out of next doors cat...
They send their congratulations to Sid for his achievement in ensuring the 50th book was written...

And I send my love to Kate - a fabulous writer who has achieved what so many of us can but dream we may achieve ourselves - and a fantabulous friend, mentor and guardian angel of new writers wet round the ears and still learning every day. Can't wait to see you and BM my sweet!!! Now I just need to make sure that Gabe and Ash don't make the trip with me!

No comments: