Saturday, July 21, 2007

Dallas Pics (Pt 1)

NOW - While the internet is ALLOWING ME to load some pics I'm gonna try and get caught up a bit. Cos lemme tell ya guys I'm so behind it's not even FUNNY. And you know I'm all about the funny so this is a bit of a crisis really...

And I have a TONNE of stuff from the conference and Michael Hauge's talks and Southfork Ranch and Nasa and and and and... oh and I know who my comp winner is now too so once I'm caught up we have a blog on THAT too... And that's before my Gabe revisions arrive and I start into a new Romance...

See? Busy busy little beaver. That's me. Some might say it keeps me out of mischief. But you guys have *met me* - right?

Now the Dallas City pics themselves I can't take credit for I'm afraid. These are thanks to our very lovely Fiona Harper, who got there a day before me sans airplane delays and had time to go to the top of the observation tower thingie and take these pics. It just felt that once my toes hit DFW Airport I pretty much didn't stop. So thanks Fi!!! LOVE YOU!


I have to say that I was glad by the time I hit Dallas that I'd had those few days in New York and Washington to acclimatise some. Cos lemme tell ya guys humid wouldn't even be in it. But by the time I got to the hotel I was fairly comfy in the heat, and even enjoyed the time I went outside to *network*. The Hyatt Regency is, as you would pretty much expect, stunning. With valet parking outside, a constant stream of limo's and stretch limo's and stretch hummer's - a fountain in the foyer and the 28 floors stretching way way up above you. Pretty damn impressive. And filled to he brim with conference attendees from a fashion chain and a tonne and a half of romance writers just settling in and ready to steal their rooms as they left...

I found Jenna at the check in desk and after a quick hug and explanations of how we'd managed to miss each other at the airport we made our way up to the 15th floor and found our room - which was lovely - with the largest, highest darn beds I've ever seen. They obviously ain't joking when they say everything in Texas is BIGGER. And I'll admit I did have a fear that if I rolled outta that bed during the night I'd need a hospital stay! But Jenna and I managed to, shall we say, *make the room look like home* fairly bloody quick and it pretty much had an invisible line that housekeeping feared to cross for the remainder of the conference.

So then we contacted Fi and we all headed downstairs to start our PHS Blogs and to get our bearings... And we were very good girls and didn't linger too long over dinner in the restaurant (where Jenna introduced us to Marguerita's - YUM!!!) cos we knew we had one heck of a week ahead of us. HOW-RIGHT-WE-WERE...

Okay - I'll bring you more later cos I'm off to shower and check out now so I can make my flight to New York... TTFN.

No comments: