Friday, July 6, 2007

HERE I AM!!!!

DID YOU MISS ME????

There's a very very long drawn out tale of woe concerning the internet and Spain and brother's and stress and internet cafes without internet and no booking flights home til day before leaving and and and... well... shall we just say its been so stressful that the night before leaving Trish had a panic attack - I mean, LITERALLY...

So - deep breath - GABE HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.... *bows* yes, I KNOW. But I had to bring him to NEW YORK to email him in... Yuh huh... are we getting the stress levels yet???

So - here is the guy you were SPOSED to meet on the PHS on Tuesday - this is my travelling companion SEAN... And pics of Sean with his passport, packing, checking out the rain at Dublin airport and that the correct safety checks were done on the plane at Shannon airport (very important I feel as I'm trying to avoid the word *plummet* at any point on this trip) - and once I finish this Blog he's going sight seeing on one of those open topped bus thingies... He's very excited!!! ALRIGHT SEAN INAMINUTE!

The stress of leaving didn't really end til I was checked in for my flight I have to say (and special hugs and kisses to my bestest wee nonna for taking me and holding my hand/making sure I left) . I had a WHAT WAS I THINKING day or two. Remember gang - I've been a reclusive cave -dweller for nigh on eighteen months now and although I have left it the very odd time I've never ever been this far away from home or on my own (up til I hit Dallas)... hence the panic attack and the What the **** were you THINKING Trish moment... But after the long... long...erm long... queues for security and immigration we were on a plane Sean and I - and there was no going back...

Hotel in New York is lovely friends and family will be glad to hear - right round corner from Empire State Building and has the friendliest staff and the best darn restaurant next door (Natasha will be relieved to know they can make TEA...) - I had a moment when the shuttle from the airport came over a hill and there was New York laid out in front of me... and I have to say it took me to sit outside the restaurant with a nice glass of something chilled last night IN-THE-HEAT and yellow cabs driving by before it really hit me where I was. Kinda like I'd been in a movie or watching it on TV for a while... erm DUH TRISH.

So having made friends with the restaurant owner over a cuppa this morning after my lovely pancakes with maple syrup and having sucked up to all the porters and the staff behind the check in I now feel I'm amongst friends. (And I'm pleasantly surprised by this I have to say cos I'd always been lead to believe that New Yorkers were a brusque bunch... erm... NOPE THEY'RE LOVELY - but then Natasha's voice is there in my ear again telling me that that's because manners always go a long way... Smile and the world smiles with you and all that - smile with blonde hair and a cleavage and... okay... lets maybe not go there til after I get home in one piece...)
Sean and I are off out for the day in the flipping 89 DEGREES with what feels like 500% humidity now and we're gonna find a nice plastic Statue Of Liberty for my lovely editor Jenny... cos I promised....

So I'll be back with pics and an update later and IF YOU HAVEN'T GONE AND COMMENTED ON MY POST AT KATE WALKER'S BLOG YET then A/ WHY NOT??? and B/ HURRY UP!!! cos I'm gonna go over there later and pick winners for copies of Bride Of The Emerald Isle and Return Of The Rebel...

MORE PICS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sean??? SEAN??? If he's left without me....!!!

5 comments:

Fiona Harper said...

Trish, so pleased you are having a fab time in the big apple! See you on Tuesday!

Natasha said...

You'll be thrilled to know it's continuing wet here.

Smiling with blonde hair and a cleavage got you in trouble with an Italian waiter I seem to recall. Be careful!

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

89 DEGREES is nothing chick-a-dee. Just wait. New York humidity has nothing on Texas!

New Yorkers love people who love NY. If you pick on their city, watch out. If you look about you with wonder and awe (the boobs and accent help too), they'll think you are the greatest thing! Cuz you are!

(Don't panic on the statue...they sell them at the airport ;))

Michelle Styles said...

I am glad that you are safe and sound, and having a wonderful time.

I am looking forward to your adventures.

It is v wet here. The rain last night was dreadful.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Don't forget a dancing on the tabletop pic with SEAN. :D