Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm Easily Pleased Me...

It can be the smallest thing that makes a writer do a happy dance in her living room you know... actually *making* a deadline... discovering a new hero inspiration pic... the cat not stomping on the keyboard for a full hour...

Or checking out how your latest e-book is doing and finding it at NUMBER FIVE IN THE EHARLEQUIN E-BOOKS BEST-SELLERS LIST!!!

GO FINN AND SHANE!!!

Yes, it might mean that just one person bought it in the last half hour but THANKYOU WHOEVER YOU WERE!!! You MADE MY NIGHT!!!

So if you'd like to make me happy dance in my living room again then you can pop over to the eharleqin E-Book site and get a copy of The Firefighter's Chosen Bride to see what I did to make the initial transition over from Romance to Modern Extra... or you could just order it and have it in your hand if you like... I'm not fussy ;)

To be honest I'm just plain old THRILLED that Modern Extra is making it to the States this coming month!!! It's a very exciting time for all of us Modx authors! And as to whether or not we see more of them there...well... YOU-HAVE-THE-POWER...

To see what people thought of the book formerly known as White-Hot! (the book that won a Cataromance Reviewers Choice Award btw...) in the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand - you can read some of the reviews on the excerpt page HERE.

4 comments:

Nicola Marsh said...

Wow, Trish, this is fabulous!!!!
Congrats and keep on dancin' :)

Michelle Styles said...

Yes, I saw that.

I think the ModX's have been doing really well as ebooks btw. Certainly I have seen several other ones up on the top 10.

And I hope you know that your piece on Micael hauge added to my TBR pile...

Trish said...

THANKS NIC AND MICHELLE - Yes, we peaked at number four briefly but are now down to number nine... me? Watching it? Naaahhhh....

I just hope that Modx is as well received as a Promotional Presents as it was over here and in Aus... we all know we love WRITING for the line sooo....

And Michelle yes - erm - I'd say I'm sorry about that - but I'll be fascinated to hear what you thought!!!! And tonnes of hugs to dd! Tell her I've been thinking about her!

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

I've just posted this on PHS but just in case I want those who read your blog to know what a wonderful book THE FIREFIGHTER'S CHOSEN BRIDE" is as I just bought it last night and finished today.

Here's what I posted:

just finished reading this incredible book and it tugged at my heart because I was the wife of a firefighter, and know first hand what this means. Trish obviously has done her reserach or has known first hand what this means to the man, the woman he loves, his family and friends. It is truly a wonderful book

As Trish states " When you love someone it's a risk. It always is. But that's just life. Your the one who has to make the choice and live it." I did that and I'm not sorry I did nor are my children.

Trish, the book was moving, spirited, just an incredible read. Thanks!
*******************************
For me, these were the best years of my life being married to a firefighter, the "department" family, the friends we made but most of all it filled a void for Ron that your character Shane felt as well. The men Ron worked with became his family in ways his own parents and siblings could not and it was so evident years later when they gathered with us at Ron's memorial service, pipers, officers, the whole "brotherhood" which you so accurately portrayed in this particular book. Thanks so much, this one is extremely special to me. xxxooo