Monday, August 13, 2007

Finally HE SPEAKS!!!


*insert manic laughter here at will*

Yes - FINALLY - Gabe has decided TO TALK-TO-ME!!!

Alright, that's an exaggeration... 'cos well, IT'S GABE. But somewhere in the midst of the PAIN and SUFFERING I'm going through with the re-write of this book he must have started to actually feel GUILTY. And so in he appeared...

Kinda hovered in the doorway for a bit. (probably knew I didn't want to speak to him)

But as this new version of the story has very slowly... very very slowly... very very very... well you get what I'm saying here - anyway as it has VERY SLOWLY started to make some sense to me I'd almost started to to believe I understand better why he's the way he is. And he's helped a little by talking more on the page, which helps the wordcount (if I ever stop deleting the old/not the real story version that is!) and gives Ash more to hate him for frankly - 'cos when he does speak he always makes things worse. Mind you, now that I know what she did...

Anyway - look up the phrase *angry young man* and you'll find Gabe.

So when he'd hovered and leaned on the doorpost and hovered some more and I still ignored him (good dose of his own medicine I thought) - he eventually sighed and walked in - and plunked a CD on my keyboard - and told me it was ALL in the lyrics, OKAY?
Fine, I said.

And it is - in every word and every line, we have Gabe's feelings pretty much in Gabe's words - if he ever chose to say them aloud that is. Everything he feels and is going through and has already gone through in one song. If he'd just given ASH a bloody copy of it this book could have been done in about 3k!!!!

NOW I GET IT.

And actually - I kinda ache a little for him now I know. Just don't go telling him, alright???

"Nature's Law" by Embrace

I tried to fight the feeling, the feeling took me down,
I struggled and I lost the day you knocked me out,
Now everything’s got meaning and meanings bring me down,
I’m watching as a screening of my life plays out.

Every day I fight these feelings,
For your sake I will hide the real thing,
You can run all your life, all mine I will chase...

You should never fight your feelings,
When your very bones believe them,
You should never fight your feelings,
You have to follow nature’s law.

I’ll live with never knowing, if knowing’s gonna change,
I’ll stop the feeling growing, I will stay away,
Like a broken record stuck before a song,
A million beginnings, none of them the one.

Every day I fight these feelings,
For your sake I will hide the real thing,
You can run all your life, all mine I will chase...

You should never fight your feelings,
When your very bones believe them,
You should never fight your feelings,
You have to follow nature’s law.

I wrote her letters and tried to send them,
In a bottle I placed my hope,
An SOS full of good intentions sinking,
Will you give it to me,
Don’t make me wait,

You build me up, knocked me down,
But I will stand my ground,
And guide this light that I’ve found.

You should never fight your feelings,
When your very bones believe them,
If you let them show, you’ll keep them
I know you're hurt but soon you'll rise again,again,again...

You should never fight your feelings,
When your very bones believe them,
You should never fight your feelings,
You have to follow nature’s law.

The track is on the Embrace album "This New Day" and you can order it from Amazon here. And a big THANKS to RAY-ANNE who just found us THIS:

9 comments:

Ally Blake said...

Sigh...... What gorgeous lyrics. They made me all weepy!!!

You could do that as a sideline you know, find the perfect song for all our books.

Okay?

A

Michelle Styles said...

Hooray!

And I agree with Ally they are lovely lovely lyrics.

Fiona Harper said...

Sniff!

Biddy said...

WHoooopee!! Glad it is coming together. And those lyrics *sniff*

Ray-Anne said...

Could not resist.Embrace - Nature's Law.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_o3uLrKduS0

Thanks for the lyrics and the link a new band for me to enjoy. :) Ray-Anne

Michelle Willingham said...

I love having theme songs that support the romance. :) Good for you on finding one that fit!

Trish said...

Aren't they LOVELY LYRICS??? One might ALMOST thing that the man *has* a heart... ;)

HA GABE! Your secrets OUT NOW.

Michelle Styles said...

You will get him, Trish.

It should be your motto -- she always gets her hero.

Trish said...

Michelle - *gasp* - I LIKE that motto!!!

Can we translate it to Latin do you think????

*MMM - thinking up some kind of a coat of arms... I see a rose for romance and a sword for battling angst.. possibly a bar of chocolate or a coffee bean*
Y'know - THIS IS A BLOG ALL ON ITS OWN...