Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Proud Auntie Day!


Today's blog is dedicated to my very beautiful and CLEVER neice Leah and my beautiful-in-an-entirely-different-but-no-less-way and more CLEVER than he'd thought he was nephew Gary on the day of their GCSE Results. We are currently having a day where the family rings round to try and discover where the clever bit might have come from... Now - how is it you work this telephone thingy again???
But it's not just the fact that they've done so well in their exams that I'm handing over today's blog to them. Nope. I'm gonna make them cringe and squirm and take my name in vain by saying online to the known universe, and anyone with good Broadband outside of the known universe, that they have an auntie who is just as proud of the people they're TURNING INTO. They're both waaaayyyyyy more confident than I was at their age and waaaaayyyyyyyy more focussed about what they want to do in their future. Is their entire generation like that??? If they are then I like to think it's because MY generation did such a flipping good job - GO THE OLDIES. And of course I can hand chunks of that praise to my lovely sister-in-law (provider of the coffee and biccies and hot heroes conversation for twenty minutes daily) and possibly even some to my brother (but as a sister I'm contractually obliged to think he's still annoying and a pain in the -)
Sooooo..... anyhooos.... am having a Proud Auntie Day. Even if my nephew is apparently camera shy and I only have one of the beautiful neice and the boyfriend who's one of my best friends son (still getting my head round that one having known them both as long as I have so leave me be OKAY???) *** just got told off for not saying he's CLEVER today TOO btw... now as to the beautiful??? I'll let Leah be the judge ;) But he is DISGUSTINGLY good at anything sporty and that's reason enough not be any more flattering - right?***
To the ones not related to me by marriage (so far... no rush I feel) - Gazzer - keep making me laugh with that lovely sarcastic wit that only a fellow Wylie will ever completely appreciate and Leah - oh she of the innocent smile and the not so innocent sparkle in the eye - you're the kid I wuda had hun - truly.
And to all the kids who got results today YOU ROCK. No matter what a piece of paper tells you good or bad - you STILL ROCK. And there's a whole world out there just waiting for you... go explore it, take a chance or two, dance when you feel like it, cry and let it out even if it makes you feel like a wuss, love with your whole heart, play the music loud when it wont get you arrested and never look back with regret...
Oh - and apologies for the hole we left you in the ozone layer...

5 comments:

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Oh Trish, what a beautiful post! I confess I didn't have a dry eye by the time I finished reading.

Congratulations to both Leah and Gary (beautiful pic of Leah & her boyfriend too).

I also agree with every word you said about there being a whole world out there for our young adults to explore - my 18yr old daughter flew out to Egypt yesterday (her life's dream), and I'm trying to swallow the lump in my throat and not give in to a teensy bit of worry...

Love & Hugs,
Sue
xx

P.S. Enjoy the rest of your Proud Auntie Day :-)

Trish said...

Hi Sue!!!!

Yes that would have been me with - erm - *something in my eye* this morning too.

They make a lovely couple don't they. And she's just over five feet tall to his 6ft 2 odd (he has a tendency to pick her up and carry her under one arm when she's being a pest - and there's a *plot* in there somewhere I'm sure but eeeeeeewwwwwwwww cos I can still see them as eight year olds when she thought he was a pain in the ass)

AND YAAAAAYYYYYY for your daughter!!! Im VERY jealous!!! She'll come back with so many tales to tale honey, you wait and see. And she has the courage to go out there and live some of her dreams at an incredibly early age - how good a job did YOU DO??????

Michelle Styles said...

Oh I didn't realise that Irish results came two days before the English ones. My eldest gets his on Thursday morning.

But hooray for your two!

Anonymous said...

Ah well done and congratulations to the brilliant and intelligent Wylie's...and to the tall boyfriend and any in-laws...
Hope you're all having a brilliant celebration...
x Abby/Daisy

Trish said...

Ooooohhhhh Michelle!!! Will be thinking of you on Thursday!!!

And Abby - the brilliant and intelligent Wylie's say THANKYOU - as do I... ;)

Celebrations done I now get to crawl back into the cave...Sigh.