Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sigh...


... I'm loathe to even post on this you know. 'Cos in my experience writer's angst has an ability to waft it's way through the ether on the internet and infect other writer's. But I know you'll all have been wondering if I fell down a hole, so here I am to tell you - I WISH.

Revisions are revisions no more. It's become a total re-write. Well, pretty much. That's what you get when you have a troublesome hero who won't tell you anything and you try to tell the story that isn't the REAL story. Yeah - THANKS GABE.

I think I have the gist of it now, but you know that thing when you learn to knit where you repeat in your head 'knit one, pearl two' to get the pattern??? Well, in my cave it currently runs along the lines of 'delete 10k, write 2'... and I'm four chapters into it but it's like wading through porridge. PLUS I made the mistake of taking that trip of mine and then going out with friends and family a few times to celebrate my birthday - so I reminded myself of what it's like to HAVE-A-LIFE and now the part of my personality that LIKES THAT is PROTESTING about being locked up again...

Especially with two more books to produce after this one so that there's not a whole heap of light at the end of the tunnel.

If this angst wafts it's way to you - I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE...

And if you'd like to hear what I'm listening to music wise to try and get me through the pain then skip on over to my Myspace page... feel free to singalong to banish the angst - that's what I'm attempting to do... ALTOGETHER NOW... Nah na Nah na Nah na....

7 comments:

Natasha said...

LOL The three chapters I've read are lovely. Truly. And this more talkative Gabe is very sexy. Keep on going and Abby Green and I will take you on a research trip to Italy.

Michelle Styles said...

Umm Trish.

Did you see my blog on pratical ways to banish the Crows of Doubt?
One of the biggest boons for a writer is Quality Editting and it appears that your editor really cares about you and your book.

It will be a far stronger book when you are finished.

Kate Hardy said...

Hugs, Trish. I went through the same thing earlier this year and it's not nice. (I was at the point of never writing again and going back to a ratrace job.)

But you WILL get through it.

Biddy said...

Hugs poppet!! Anytime you want to rant let me know. (and can I come on the research trip to Italy)

Nicola Marsh said...

Trish, I feel your pain, believe me I do!
Just focus on Italy... :)

Anonymous said...

Trish, yes Natasha and I will bring you to Italy if you're a good girl. I'm just embarking on revisions myself...hang in there. It's going to be an amazing book and will probably win you awards so it'll all come good!
x Abby

Trish said...

THANKS GUYS!!!

Am striving to work my way through it bit by bit. Can't really do much more than that, can I???