Friday, August 3, 2007

The Writer's Contest Result!!!!

First thing - THANKYOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WITH THIS!!!! You've all been soooooo good about waiting for so long while I got swamped with deadlines and getting ready for travelling and the travelling itself...

Second thing - you all made the decision INCREDIBLY HARD for me so THANKS FOR THAT TOO!!! I have had one HECK of a time narrowing it down to my final three and an even WORSE TIME choosing just one from those three! Suffice to say this won't be the last time I do this - and I sincerely hope to see some of you again the next time round, when I'll attempt to schedule my life a tad better to get the results to you quicker... ;)

Anyhoo, out of the many wonderful entries I received I finally narrowed it down to three who were... DRUMROLL PLEASE...

RAY-ANNE with her story 'COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS'

JANET with her story 'THE BOYFRIEND MISSION'

AND

MARCY with her story 'HER CLIENT'S WISHES'

And can I just say that these three gals made my final decision HELL. Each story has it's own merits, each has a very individual and fresh voice and each one has the potential to make it as a great story! If I had more time I can truly say the temptation to have got the chance to work with ALL THREE would have been HUGE. But the simple fact is I just don't have that much time - I wish I did for you ladies - TRULY. Unfortunately a rather large re-write and two more full stories between now and the end of the year make it impossible so a choice had to be made!!! What I have done to ease my conscience is make some notes on EVERYONES SYNOPSIS and on the FINALISTS SYNOPSIS and PARTIAL - I hope these are useful... so watch your inbox the next few days...

So - the manuscript I'll be critiquing for one person is.... DEEP BREATH...

JANET and her story 'THE BOYFRIEND MISSION'

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS JANET and to EVERYONE A HUGE THANKS FOR ENTERING WITH SO MANY FANTASTIC STORIES!!!!

Trust me - THIS WAS A TOUGH DECISION!!!

But if you'd all still like another chance then I WILL DO THIS AGAIN (only quicker next time!!!)

11 comments:

Rachael Blair said...

Congrats Janet! And thanks Trish for being so generous with your time and help!

Melissa Leavitt said...

Way to go, Janet!! :D

Ditto what Rachael said, Trish. Awesome of you!

Hope the re-writes are going well. Sending you a box of cyber chocolates for moral support! {totally guilt-free... that's the best} :)

Melissa

Melissa Leavitt said...

Hey Trish,

The hunky cover model for both your "Rescued: Mother-To-Be" and "Bride of The Emerald Isle" is the same guy. Did you have a hand in that?
:)
Melissa

Trish said...

LOL MELISSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting to see if anyone caught that!!!! If you look - its the same COUPLE...

I mentioned this to my editor in passing - not a complaint you understand cos BOTH COVERS are GORGEOUS - and she pointed out the simple fact that that's what happens when you give your characters the same colouring two books in a row... :0

On the sheet for the art dept they will simply fill in things like hair colour/eye colour - the basics - and then the Art Dept matches those characteristics to the photos they have in stock... so I got the same two...

I laughed and told my editor that I'm maybe projecting something subliminally - what with me being blonde... and single...

But simply what it was was I had gone from Rescued to Breathless and changed hair colour and eye colour and then forgotten to make the change from a Romance to a Romance... Ahhhh... its the wee things that catch us out...

So in my next romance I have...erm...

Well I made her DARK BLONDE...

DAMMIT.

Maybe I should just book those two for the covers and have done???

Ray-Anne said...

Oh Trish - Thank you so much for choosing me to be in your short list of three. You know how to boost a girl's confidence!
I am thrilled.
And once again, thank you for taking the time to give us your support. Looking forward to receiving the critique.
Regards, Ray-Anne

http://mischiefandfilth.blogspot.com/

Janet said...

Me? You've chosen my story? Oh...this is so exciting! Off to do the Snoopy dance.

Janet said...

Coming back to say. Thank you, Trish!

Marcy said...

Thanks so much for short listing me, Trish! And your comments are great. I'll definitely be using them. You're a gem for spending so much time on this!

Congratulations, Janet!!!

Marcy

Trish said...

YOU'RE VERY WELCOME GUYS AND CONGRATS AGAIN JANET!!!!

And this contest also taught ME how important it is to keep learning and growing MYSELF... Cos with so many great imaginations and super TALENTS out there I really need to keep raising my personal BAR...

Yuh-huh - and while I struggle again with Gabe that has helped NO END with my angst levels :0

Glad the comments help and LOOKING FORWARD TO STARTING WORK WITH JANET... ;)

Janet said...

Thank you for the congratulations. I'm having a great weekend. First Trish's contest result and then my Michael Hauge CD and DVD arrived. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all three finalists, and a special congratulations to one of my very talented CPs - Janet!! Yay!!! Woohoo!! WTG, hon!!! :)

Trish, it was lovely meeting you at the Literacy Signing in Dallas and again at the HQ pajama party.

Now, you'll have to excuse me. I'm off check on Trish's lovely covers. :)

All the best,
Gail Fuller