Friday, October 12, 2007

Bit Of An Update

So. Thought I'd just pop in to let you know what I'm at. I'm writing. There.
Bye.

C'mon! You've all *met* me haven't you??? Am I likely to just leave it at that? Nope. So what I thought I'd do is show you some of the things I'm surrounded by as I write this book. 'Cos right now there is nothing else BUT this book. There can't be 'til I get it finished and it's as simple as that. That flipping Gabe one left me completely behind schedule and if I want to get this one in on time and not mess up my lovely editor's life then there simply CAN'T be anything else but this book - even while I fight off whatever the heck flipping virus it is I've picked up that has me needing to sleep for Ireland on a daily basis...

Ronan - so far - has remained a constant casting wise - barring the fact I've changed his eye colour... Have we broken the curse of Hugh? Well, we shall see - but so far so good. And he does kinda have me wishing I'd had him beside me on the plane to New York the way Kerry did. Hey - a gal can dream, right???
Kerry however - is recast. I wanted a heroine more like my Modern Heat heroines, one with shedloads of confidence and a - light - to her. So this is what Kerry now looks like in my mind and I think this pic is perfect. Doesn't she look bright and full of life and... well, doesn't she? I like her. And Ronan is kinda drawn to that light in her... again for reasons I can't reveal...
So far they have met on the plane, spent a day touring New York, *danced* underneath movement sensitive fountains in Battery Park, kissed in Times Square and now I'm about to tramp them off to Canada and back down into the States before I get to place them in gorgeous Fiji... Can't tell you how much I wanna be on this trip right now!!! Just have to be careful not to allow the story to be the 80 or 90k it would like to be given the opportunity...
Also due to time restraints am having to force self not to overthink everything in the first draft. I never used to you know. There was a wonderous time in my life when I just wrote the darned story and then went back in and layered in the extra stuff I needed... Sigh... Darned educating myself and expecting more disease!!! My biggest issue currently is that I worry they're too flipping NICE. Oooohhhh the conflicts are there, don't get me wrong but they can't be revealed YET. TELL-THE-STORY-TRISH. 'Cos I have about a week in my time to get them to here:

Meanwhile I'm not turning the internet on - I'm ignoring emails that aren't EMERGENCIES - I'm not visiting blogs...and I'm only leaving the house long enough to feed small ponies and get chocolate. Which would be GREAT for my writing if I could ever stop deleting stuff before I write more. TELL-THE-STORY-TRISH. Oh - and my house looks like I was burgled recently by thieves who stopped to make themselves coffee and have a bite to eat so there are no clean mugs or dishes left. (IF I was visiting Blogs - which I'm NOT - I could at this point direct you to India Grey's Blog for a further explanation of this. Suffice to say I am also a member of the Scrubbers Club and have been for three years now. Friends know EXACTLY when I'm working and when I'm not the minute they step through my door...)

Oh and this books theme tune is thanks to Donna Alward, who introduced me to RyanDan - the lyrics of this are perfect for Ronan's POV when it comes to Kerry... Poignant huh??? Plus it has that kind of *epic* sized feel to it I need for a round the world story and there are hints of the story only a few of you know about in the lyrics too aren't there??? Got you curious yet have I??? And btw THANKS GUYS for poppin in to see how I'm getting on! I LOVE YOU for that!!! Right - back to the grindstone I go...


1 comment:

Donna Alward said...

LOVE the song. And I hate that I don't have the album yet...dammit!

Thanks for the lovely day hon. I was telling my mum you're the kind of girl I could easily travel with. I'm not sure the places we visited would recover for a while though!