Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fulfilling A Fantasy or Two...


So I thought I'd swing by for a brief second to let you know where I currently have my characters in this book...

It's the first time I've ventured out of Ireland with a story and you'd think I'd have picked something simple for my first foray off home ground with my two Irish characters who meet on a plane. But oooohhhhh nooooo...
Me - try something simple???? Now I ask you - where is the angst in that one?! And for a while now I've been wondering if I hadn't bitten off a little more than I could chew by trying to take them round the world in 50k. But ya know something? I'm starting to have FUN with this one. Mind you - whether or not it *works* will be up to my lovely Editor in all too few days.

So we've been to New York, briefly travelled through the Canadian Rockies, have started to really get to know each other in San Francisco and with a passing mention of Hawaii we're off to here... in Fiji... at an, erm, honeymoon destination.

This is where I get to fulfil a fantasy or two while placing my characters in a situation where it's gonna be a tad difficult not to fall in love. I mean seriously - LOOK AT THIS PLACE!!! I sooooooo wanna go!!! Now all I have to do is make my reader feel the same way...

So have a good look at these pics. Add a deliously cheeky hero with a secret who despite his best efforts is falling for the heroine when he knows he'll have to let her go and a heroine whose dream trip of a lifetime is proving waaaayyyyyy more memorable than she could ever have wished for and - well - I have to say I'm a tad jealous.

Destination after this one? Ah now - that'd be telling, wouldn't it?

3 comments:

Mel said...

Hmm,how many women come back pregnant after traveling to Fiji?

Trish said...

GOOD QUESTION MEL!!!

Can't tell you the inner battle currently going on in my writing cave between Trish the Romance author and Trish the Modern Heat author... ;)

Ally Blake said...

Jealous. I wanna be there. Picture me hurumphing as I sit in my own cave in warm socks and a wrap.

Those characters of yours better have enough fun for the rest of us Trish!!!

Ally