Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Gal's Gotta Do...


Sometimes, when getting stuck in a book and having been trapped in the cave alone for what feels like forever with resistant characters it's important to *step AWAY from the keyboard* and spend time with a few like minded friends in need of a break from their work...

Here's a couple I spent time with last night...

Once you have all these new friends gathered together in the one place at the one time it seems only fair you supply them with a little entertainment... Now, let's see... there's a bit of a stage at one end - I guess that could be made use of...

Here it is all bright with pretty lights and stuff...

And once you have your few friends and a stage and pretty lights and stuff I s'pose you could add some music to it...

Now - if only there was a singer handy...

Oooohhhh look - there's one!!!!

And he brought some friends of his own...

And they can ALL sing. And DANCE. And - ooohhhh they're quite GOOD!!!

Hey - hang on a minute - I know the words to some of these songs.... I might have to sing along a little...

Uh-oh I'm singing quite loudly now...

Yup I know rather a lot of the words to these songs. And d'ya know something? I have a very vague memory of having seen these chaps somewhere before... a long long long time ago... and I vaguely recall them a tad young - me too mind you - and if my aged memory serves me right there were five of them then and not four...

Can't say I'm missing the fifth one much mind you...

Did I mention these jolly nice chaps brought some dancers with them??? And lots of musicians??? Oh and ONE HELLUVA STAGE SHOW???????

And it's not like they're content to just stay on the one stage either - they don't mind taking a bit of an adventure onto a second stage further down the room... where they have this circular stage thingie that splits up into rings that go round in different directions and one piece - that when dancers stand on it - lifts waaaayyyyyyy up into the air so the nice dancer ladies can throw confetti into the crowd while said ring tilts at a stomach churning angle making me fear not only for their four lives but the lives of the people who would be crushed to death if they hit the floor. Not that they'd be crushed by much more than the downward force mind you 'cos lemme tell ya - those girls are SLIM!!! I've decided to hate them for that...

And yes I know this pic is a tad blurry. But apparently by now I've decided that there's something wrong with my perfectly good SEAT and I simply MUST stand up so I can - erm - move a little while I sing at the top of my lungs in order to be heard by the nice chaps over the top of the other singers... (see top picture to give you an idea of how many are now singing...)

Oh dear - my foot seems to have acquired a sort of side to side twitching...

I must try and remember to have that checked out by the doctor but by now I'm too busy noticing my throat seems to hurt a little. Who IS that girl who looks like a famous Mills & Boon writer doing all that ridiculous screaming and yelling - I mean C'MON! Writer's simply don't behave in this uncouth manner - we are sensible, quiet, bookish types (who have sad lives, wait around to be rescued by a man called 'darling' and can barely read if my memory serves me - see early blog for details...)

This one is blurry too but by now the weird twitching is moving up to both hips. I'm turning into FIONA HARPER in DALLAS!!!! This is WORRYING.... Cos we Irish only do Riverdance doncha know...

Oooh the nice boys are going for a walk over the nice bridge to get back to the other stage. A lot of my new friends down below seem to be thoroughly pleased by this turn of events. In fact - they seem even more pleased than they were the first time it happened. I'd signal to my neices down there to find out if it's really that exciting but I've never been a fan of that Where's Wally? game...

Another blurry one of nice chaps walking across bridge to get back to main stage...

Oh and did I mention this was something like the 5th night in a row this many nice people like moi popped along to see these chaps??? And did I mention that their ENTIRE tour across Europe apparently sold out in 45 minutes???!!! Yuh-huh. And not that I would go check or anything but it seems if you want to go and see them in London or Birmingham or some place called Manchester where they supposedly do a larger arena type thingie then you now need to MORTGAGE YOUR HOME and SELL YOUR CHILDREN to get a ticket...

Which is a shame really cos all this moving hips, singing loudly and the sudden disease of waving arms above heads seems to be doing me some good...

I might actually be having (looks around and drops voice to a conspiratorial whisper) *fun*...!!!

I KNOW. And even though there should technically be a guilt factor attached to that 'cos I left the cave without permission I like to think that I took that blog post I made months ago about my Muse to heart and realized that the poor wee soul does occassionally NEED to leave the cave in order to come back with a fresh attitude towards &8**£/ characters and %$&&** plotlines and !£%$&$% wordcounts that aren't going up as fast as they need to no matter how much I attempt to block out the rest of the entire known universe I vaguely remember once living in...
But at least for one night I can stand up and say - My name is Trish Wylie and I do NOT abuse my muse ALL the time... ha!!!
In fact she thoroughly enjoyed the concert. If there is another so called *boy band* anywhere on the planet that can put on a show quite like this one then I'll even take her to that one too. But for five nights in a row these guys OWNED the Odyssey Arena. They brought light shows and dancing extravaganzas and singalongs that could probably be heard on the UK Mainland and they managed to entertain an audience that from the point of view of my party included folks from the age of *mumbilty mumble* to 17 to 8. And some of those teenagers in the middle are committed heavy metal fans who came away wanting to keep their ticket as a souvenir 'cos they enjoyed it so much and when could we go again??? (I didn't mention I MIGHT but I'd have to SELL THEM to afford the ticket) All in all it was one heck of a show. People with tickets - PREPARE THYSELVES FOR A TREAT.
And my muse even came away with a new song for this book... one I've got you a *live performance* clip of so you can see what it sounded like when I heard it with her...
Mind you - if you want an example of the kind of show they can put on I might need to direct you here... to a clip from last years comeback tour... Now THATS a SHOW.

Now I just need blogger to play up like hell when loading pictures so it eats up at least half of my day and puts me back in a bad mood...

JOB DONE!!!

3 comments:

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

see...all I'm thinking is can you somehow work that into the book?

Fiona Harper said...

Glad you had a good time, Trish. A google alert popped into my inbox this morning with just "I'm turning into Fiona Harper in Dallas!". Besmirching my name again!

oh, yeah...and Riverdance, my foot!

Trish said...

Not into this book Jenna! Already PACKED to the gills as is... not to self *no more round the world stuff*

Fiona - besmirching??? moi??? *bats eyelashes*