Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Houses and Taxes etc etc

Apparently I should be sharing a house with Fiona Harper... I'm okay with that actually...

Your home is a

Magnate's Hideout

Your kitchen is someplace you never go, because you "have people for that." There's a Chocolatessen, which is rapidly becoming your favorite room of the house. Having one is also becoming a trend among your wealthy neighbors. Your master bedroom has a bedside table with a pad for writing down late-night inspirations. Your study has every language reference book ever written, including now-useless titles like Learn Javascript 2.0! and C++ Programming for Windows 95. (Why are you keeping those?) One of your garages holds your collection of ferraris, and is measured in acreage.

Your home also includes a gallery of your favorite works -- the originals, of course. Your guests enjoy your home theater with 37 different sports channels. Outside is your hedge maze and gardens, meticulously tended by a team of world-class botanists.

And, you have a pet -- a cat named "Vincent".

Below is a snippet of the blueprints:


Build YOUR Dream House!

Mind you - there doesn't appear to be any space for horses - and I'm not sure if either Daisy or Max would be happy with being re-named Vincent...Hmmm...

Nice to have a blueprint while currently I'm searching around for a new place to live tho. It's getting to the stage in my life and writing career where I have to be a damn grown-up and look at things like Tax rates and the like - which means a probably long overdue move across the border where writer's are welcomed with open arms and a lovely 4% tax rate - we LIKE THAT RATE!!! But lemme tell you - the thought of moving lock, stock, barrel and animals all in the middle of deadlines gives me the shivers! But then if I wait til the new year when I have six books to do and want to do two conferences as well as my first workshop and library talks and... well... you can see the dilemma really, can't you? I've emailed off about a dream of a place I found today and if it's still empty shall take it as a sign (I'm all about the signs me) and go see it. Shall keep you posted - k???

And meanwhile I'm back to struggling my way through new book while I fight off an allergy and some kind of body wide *shut-down* as winter sets in - dammit. So I'll leave you with another cat - just 'cos...

Be prepared I say... You never know when you might meet a Mary Evans...

7 comments:

Ray-Anne said...

Roaring log fire, warm snuggly sweaters and socks. You need socks. And hot tea. Home made soups. Sodabread.
Take care Trish.
Because that sort of workload makes my poor old brain spin!
Love that tax rate. Um,,
LOL Ray-Anne

Donna Alward said...

If it's vacant you're insane not to do it. I showed it to my mum and she was in love.

I too got a magnate's manor. I was a little disappointed in that. LOL

Fiona Harper said...

You are going to behave if we have to share! And what happened to my fancy dining room? You turned it into a mosh pit!!!!

Mel said...

Mosh pit? lol.

Trish, moving sucks no matter the reasons. It's the packing that drives me nutty.

Kate Hardy said...

How did you get a mosh pit when I got an AI lab??

(Fiona Harper, you are a Bad Influence.)

Pace yourself on the work front, hon. Take it from someone who has the Slowing Down Police on her case. (The chief of mine might read your post and decide to set some up for you too...)

Natasha said...

Don't feel too sorry for her - it's a dream of a house over that border! With a spare bedroom just for me to stay in when I visit. How perfect is that!!!!!! Oh and a lovely little table in the garden on which to place the wine bottle.

Kate Hardy said...

Only one bottle, Natasha? Tsk. You're slipping *g*

(I'm not procrastinating. I'm taking a short break to cool down after, um... a scene.)