Thursday, October 25, 2007

Spot The Difference


Okay - in fairness I really can't complain. In fourteen books this is the first cover I've had where the hero looks absolutely nothing like my hero. I was due one really...

What IS exciting about this cover for my January Modern Heat book His Mistress: His Terms is threefold... lemme walk you through it...


ONE: It's my first cover with the brand new MODERN HEAT tag as opposed to Modern Extra as this is the first month we officially change over! It's also the first month that Modern Heats officially become part of the Harlequin Presents Line in the USA & Canada so that's VERY EXCITING!!!! And it's why we're now getting Modern/Presents type covers and titles...


TWO: Can you see that nice 100 YEARS label on the left hand side???? That's cos I'm out the VERY FIRST MONTH of Mills & Boon's Centenery year!!!!! Which is EVEN MORE EXCITING!!!

THREE: This is the FAIRY DUST book!!!! Which is dedicated to YOU my lovely BLOG READERS cos you helped liberally sprinkle the fairy dust onto this little piece of magic we all knew as Letting Loose. Yes - it's Alex and Merrow's story and the prequel to that guy Gabe's story!!!! (you even get a glimpse of Gabe pre-Ash so you can see the difference....) The book that with your encouragement got written from start to finish in THREE WEEKS FLAT!!! Do we remember that one??? Sigh.... happy days... happy, happy, long ago days...

Just in case you'd forgotten - here's MY PIC of Alex. The pic that inspired scenes hot enough to burn a gals eyes. Now... can anyone spot the difference???

Once I get a copy in my greedy little mitts I'll pop by and throw the back blurb your way - okay? CAN'T TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT THIS BOOK!!!

10 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Lovely cover, Trish.

(And what on EARTH were you doing up at 4.33AM????)

Trish said...

Erm... who can go to sleep with a deadline screaming as loudly as mine is????

Might go to bed for a *nap* soon tho... jumping from 21 odd k to 30 odd is enough for one night - right???

By the way that explosion you just heard was my BRAIN.

Ray-Anne said...

That is fantastic news Trish.

One problem... why do you have a pic of my current hunky hero, ETHAN, on your blog, and why are you calling him ALEX?

http://www.justinhartleyonline.net/

Surely that boy could not be two-timing me?

Sigh.

And I am totally envious of your work ethic. I could not get away with that in this house..Take care, LOL Ray-Anne

Trish said...

WELL HELL Ray-Anne - does this mean I have to FESS UP to WHERE I found Alex????

Suffice to say; HAVE-YOU-SEEN-THIS-GUY-IN-GREEN???? *swoon*

He became Alex as of - erm - lemme see.... March odds??? April maybe??? And Gabe and Ash came into existance for the exact same reason he did... Oh and WATCH THE PHS come January when this book comes out as this young man may well be making an appearance... probably on a MONDAY...

I feel he has enough oomph to share it around some, don't you???

Ray-Anne said...

Oomphalicious. Oh yes.

Donna Alward said...

I could say something about Alex and your cover and stuff but really your word count meter just impresses the hell out of me.

Good going babes. :-) It'll all be over soon. LOL

Ally Blake said...

21k to 30k in one night? Surely that means you'll have the book finished in two days, right?

Okay, ducking out of the way of flying stationery...

Ally

Trish said...

Oooohhhhhhh Noooooooo Ally... cos I KNOW YOU....

You LIKE stationary!!!!

Trish said...

Donna - PROMISE???

Rachael Blair said...

Congrats on your lovely new book! Think it's very exciting to be part of the Centenary Celebrations and so lovely that you've dedicated it to us...