Friday, October 26, 2007

Weepie Warning & Location Update

UPDATED: COS I GOT STUCK...

Since posting the bottom part of this blog we've had a bit of a change again... A scene needs moved round I feel... CAN'T BE AVOIDED DARNNIT...I think I had it in too early and only realized what I'd done when I stalled and had to try and figure out why...

NOTE TO STRUGGLING WRITERS:
STALLED = PROBLEM SOMEWHERE

And it doesn't matter a damn if you're on a screaming deadline - you gotta go in and be brutal and move things round if that's what it takes cos in the end you'll save time on the other end... THEORETICALLY...

So anyhoos - Ronan is being devilishly funny again so am feeling a little better - but I know he's doing it to cover up the big stuff so I expect more heartbreak to come...

Oh - and we've left Fiji. And we're now on the Great Pacific Express in Australia... How GORGEOUS IS THIS TRAIN??? I tell ya - if I manage to get them where they're sposed to be when they're sposed to be AND I get all this travel stuff past my Ed I'm gonna be due a flipping MEDAL for the research on this book!!!

EARLIER PART OF POST:

I'm not usually one for yapping when writing but this book is KILLING ME. And not, I might add, in the usual writing angst way...

It started out very Trish-Modern-Heat voice I feel - very fast, lots of fun, one liners galore - a sassy heroine and a very scrummy very cheeky very sexy hero - lots of fun and games in New York...

But as I approach the *turnaround* it has snuck up on me with a HUGE emotional whammy and I'm yapping while writing it. Am a tad worried about this...Is this a good or a bad sign??? Cos if it's a good sign then it follows that all my other books suck, right???

I have shed a tear but once before this - and that was during *that scene* in White Hot/ The Firefighter's Chosen Bride when Finn finally tells Shane about her dad and the 'spinning her'. If you've read the book you'll know the scene I mean.

THIS BOOK makes that scene look like an episode of Friends. Ronan is BREAKING MY HEART. So please feel free to leave emotional support for the heartbroken author at will... preferably WITH CHOCOLATE.

7 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

1) Your previous books don't suck
2) if a book makes the author cry it's definitely going to make readers cry. (Mine is doing the same. And it's also meant to be a Modern Heat. Um...)

Donna Alward said...

Ditto what Kate said.

And if I DON'T yap then I'm in trouble. It always comes back asking for changes that DO make me yap.

I say go for it.

Trish said...

THANKYOU GUYS - Am reassurred!!!

This one WANTS to be a Modern Heat Kate - you have NO IDEA the battle I've put up. But then my lovely Ed did say she loved my Mod Heat heroines and could I try one of them in a Romance so - TA-DA!

Am now off to rip out move up and paste back in and then make previous stuff match the move *sigh* - Jigsaw puzzle anyone???

Cole said...

Hi Trish!

I just finished reading your fireman book and definitely had tears for that scene. And a few other spots too. :-)

Cole

Trish said...

Hi right back at ya Nicole!!!

*Sorry*???

I always feel sooooooo guilty when people come tell me that you know. But then I have to admit that sometimes I'm a complete sucker for a bit of a weep. So long as it's swiftly followed by a happy ending of course ;)

One without that tends to leave me depressed for days. Take the film of Gable and Lombards love story for example!!!!! THAT ONE had me in BITS for DAYS.

Hey-ho... back to the jigsaw puzzle...

Natalie Anderson said...

I refuse to read anything unless it has the happy ending. Life is too hard already and if those characters don't end up happy I too am miserable for days and can't stop thinking about them - can't sleep even! Ridiculous. I can cope with some misery earlier but they do need to end up happy. I'm very selective about what I watch these days. The last MH I turned in was the first to make me cry when writing it - altho that might have been because it was hard to write - not heartbreaking to read. But man, I still get heartsore thinking about that hero. And he's not even real!!! And the current one is almost as bad!
Hope the jigsaw is slotting into place nicely now...
~NAt

Trish said...

Hey Nat!!!

Oooooohhhhh if a hero is sticking with you that long after the fact then imho its a GREAT SIGN for us readers out there!!!! And I'm STICKING with that theory when it comes to that precious ikkle darling Gabe. I was told at the acquisition meeting there was a pause while they talked about hoe HOT he was ;)

I've never argued his flammable qualities myself but that stubborn streak of his? Weeellllllllll....

And I'm with ya on the happy endings. Enough trauma in everyday life I feel. So a guaranteed happy ending is an instant chocolate rush minus the calories...