Friday, November 30, 2007

Another Ikkle Update

You know the way bad things come in threes????

I'm not enjoying this week. Hence the silence and usual lack of usual Trish-wit. Tho knowing me and my uncanny ability of bouncing (it's my shape - I'm like a Weeble...) I am allowing this week to slide on by and normal service will resume next week... when I'll need lots of encouragement from the usual culprits in order to finish this book BEFORE christmas - insert manic laughter at will here...

Sooooo while I was here suffering (somewhat impatiently it should be said) with the cold from hell my Mother was in a car accident. She's grand but it was a bad accident and she's pretty bruised up and has written off the car she was in. We have a lot of car accidents here in Ireland so it was scary - especially when they thought she might have cracked her neck (no airbags) - and the fact that her accident was partly caused because she came over the brow of a hill on a dark and rainy night and drove smack bang into what was left of an earlier accident gives you an idea of how frequently these things happen... NOT GOOD.

But she's home and is being sat on to make her rest (it takes that - trust me) and I was starting to feel a little brighter so there was light at the end of the tunnel I felt... Erm... NOPE TRISH - THREES - and thats only TWO things...

So when my crown fell out and I couldn't get it to go back in I should have known I wasn't escaping with a mere 'glue-it-back-in' session at the dentists this morning, shouldn't I??? Yuh-huh .... I cracked the root in two. So out it came. And I have a mortal fear of needles so we got to have a humilate-oneself-panic-attack in the chair and then we discovered an infection after all the digging so we now have antibiotics. Which is fine - I can rinse and do antibiotics - no prob... Oooohhhh did I mention this was a front crown???? And that cos of the infection I can't have a new one sized up for EIGHT WEEKS??? Uh-huh. And did I also mention that meant I had to have a cast taken of my mouth so I can have a damn plate thing made?????????? So now I feel old cos I have a plate, I know I'm writing at least one book for free to pay for all the crown work I figured I may as well do all at once while we're there (it was that or dig a hole in my jaw I should add... *snort* yeah, I said we'd SKIP THAT ONE) and thanks to the temporary plate I HAVE A SPEECH IMPEDIMENT...

This week DID NOT HAPPEN - Okay????????

On a brighter note - come see me tomorrow at The Pink Heart Society where I'm asking Who Can Resist An Irish Boy... written Pre-Week-From-hell I should add... Sigh...

See you Monday!!!

11 comments:

Natasha said...

Welcome to my world!

You know if I could be there I would. I'd even give feeding your ponies a go!!!!

Much love.

Ellen said...

I can certainly sympathize with your teeth problems. I haven't had to have a plate yet (cross my fingers and hope I haven't jinxed myself) but both my front teeth had root canals and are actually implants (they're fake!!!)

Trish said...

THANKYOU NATASHA - I think you should just move over here frankly ;)

Erm... Ellen should I tell you that thats what the one I just lost was??? No??? Hmmm... thought not... suffice to say when they get wiggly go get em fixed there and then. Trust me... :( And I HATE this plate. I mean HATE IT. Is eight weeks up yet?????

Ray-Anne said...

So sorry to hear your horrible week - you are right, it is horrible.
Poor mum.
Poor Trish.
I still remember having to attend a mega important business meeting with my front crown stuck in with chewing gum..And guess who was doing the presentation! SHUDDER

Our local Xmas panto this year is 'Cinderella' and I am thinking of ringing the Fairy Godmother - she can wave her magic wand and energetic health for all, loveliness, unsmashed cars and instant new perfect teeth are restored in a sprinkle of tinsel dust.
Handsome princes and glass slippers come as optional extras.

As for the book,,, girl,you are on your own.

Now. When does that 'Enchanted' film come out in Ireland??? I think we could all do with a dose.

Hope your mum and yourself are feeling a lot better soon.
Take care, Ray-Anne

Michelle Styles said...

Just sending HUGS!!!!!

tell your mother to rest and not to be a hero because painkillers build.

Perahps the crown problem will have a silver lining and you will lose weight?

Sue said...

(((hugs))) to you, (((hugs)))to your mum and more (((hugs))) to you.

Love,
Sue xx

Marcy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcy said...

(((Hugs))) for you and your mom. Hope you're both feeling better soon.

India said...

Oh blimey Trish, you're having a BAD time, and I guess with the Crown Affair even chocolate won't help...

In which case you must have lots of wine.

Hope things get better very quickly and that your mum is well and truly on the mend.

Big hug. xx

Kate Hardy said...

Hugs to you and your mum, Trish. Hope you're both on the mend PDQ.

I had the dental summer from hell (and I would like to add that if an extraction is necessary, sedation really IS the way to go. You get a 2-day hangover and lose a bit of time BUT it's worth it for having no pain).

Trish said...

THANKS GUYS!!!! You're all LOVELY!!!

Mum still very sore and bruised like you WOULD NOT believe but getting up and about a bit I'm glad to say.

And I'm finally feeling like the antiobiotics MIGHT be kicking in and my mouth is slightly less painful - tho still pretty much drinking through a straw... sigh... and I HATE this plate...

Soon as poss I'm going to torture some characters to make me feel better ;)