Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More Spain Pics

Why MORE as opposed to the title 'Spain Pics'.... ahhhh.... funny you should ask... that's cos I already blogged some of them over here:

So over HERE we have the MORE and can I just say at this point they very nearly didn't make it at all today cos I'M SICK. Yes, I have a rotten stinker of a cold and am holed up indoors with medicine galore - large amounts of anything with vitamin c in it - blankies on the sofa - and eucalyptus oil in my wee burner so I can BREATHE. It's not nice. And I'm a BAD patient. Just so you know and can all feel sorry for me ;)
Okay, so Spain. Well I've said a fair bit about the trip over at the PHS already so if you haven't been you really should take a skip over there... over here we have some more of the pics and the trials and tribulations - cos this trip was NOT entirely smooth sailing this time out...

First up our flight was delayed. But after a three hour delay coming home from Natasha's in September a mere 40 minutes wasn't really that big a deal to me. What was funny was that for the second time in a row when I got to the top of the gangway there in the door to greet me was my sister-in-law's brother who's the 'in charge' member of the cabin crew if that makes sense. I informed him there are laws about stalking. I also bemoaned the fact I could never, ever have a secret affair could I? Not when the news would get back to my family within miliseconds of the plane touching down ;) It did however mean we had a fun flight and lots of chatter and next time I've threatened to bring score cards like you get in ice skating competitions so I can mark his safety presentation out of 6... And you guys have *met me* so you know I soooooo WILL...

So anyhoos that meant we were late touching down in Barcelona airport only to find no transfer waiting to take us to the hotel... so off to the train station and an hour and a half train ride for us - which was fine actually - but it did mean we were tired by the time we found the bus to our destination and the hotel at 11pm. WHICH WAS CLOSED. Now I don't just mean closed as in it was late and it was closed I mean closed for the SEASON. Now understandably this was a tad confusing for those of us who were BOOKED INTO IT but thankfully me and my friend are two capable women so we wandered off to another hotel and they were able to tell us that all the bookings had been moved. Nice if we'd been told - but there ya go. We did however comment that if we'd been mumbelty mumble years younger we might have felt the need to ring home and cry when we found the hotel closed in the first place... age apparently has it's good points ;)
So suffice to say an early night was had that first night. Well, early-ish considering it was nigh on midnight when we hit out room. So the next day we went for a wee bit of an explore. We discovered we were less than a few minutes walk from the bus station which was GREAT from the pov of our day trip into Barcelona on the Friday and like good ikkle girls we checked the times so we knew what we were at. And then we headed down to the seafront and found a path that wended it's way along the shoreline so off we went for an explore.... that lasted approximately fifteen minutes before the battery in my camera died... so we wended back for batteries and some food and some nice iced coffees...

Which is incidentally the first time I found a glimmer of an understanding of why Spanish heroes can sometimes be so popular with readers cos our waiter had SENSATIONAL eyes and was VERY cute. And yet - SHORT. Well, five eight or nine I guess, but still too short for hero inspiration for little old me I'm rather afraid. Still that's the beauty of the imagination. I made him over 6ft tall in my mind and then when we wended off along the coastal path again I took some pics of places where my new tall hero could live... and started wondering about a story for him... as one does...

Bit spoiled for choice with that really. Naturally in my imagination he'd be in the first cove I found but ooohhhh what kind of house to give him... there was a nice one in a fairly exclusive neighbourhood I quite liked... then there was one on the side of a mountain looking out to sea... and then there was - well, you can see my dilemma really, can't you???

And frankly if I'm placing him in a house and thinking about his height et all then the place I'm visiting is doing it's job, isn't it? After all, yes the breaks may be about winding down after a few books and being buried in the cave, but they're also to amuse my muse and let her think about possibilities *outside the box*. I guess since I've started to broaden my horizons in the real world it kinda makes sense my imaginary characters start to do the same (see PHS Blog about the 'write what you know' theory...) But anyhoo... back to Spain...

We wended all the way to the next resort and had huge big ice cream sundaes at the beach front before catching a bus to a larger resort even further up the coast. And there we wandered along a massive boardwalk that's probably bunged with tourists in the summer but in the winter time is lovely and quiet, with lots of dog walkers and locals strolling along by the sea. I kinda liked that. But by then it was starting to rain a little, so we decided to call it a day and headed back to the bus that took us all the way back to the bus station beside our hotel and then we just nipped in for some dinner and a couple of Bailey's before calling it a proper early night and lazing about our room reading until the wee small hours. Which was perfect, cos it let us recover from all the wending and wandering AND it meant we got a rest before our early start to Barcelona the next day.... more about THAT later on in the week... heee...
Cos in case I hadn't mentioned it - I'M SICK - So I'm off to lie down again...

2 comments:

Mary Blake said...

Trish,

I hope you feel much better very, very soon!

Love the pictures from Spain!

Mary

Ray-Anne said...

Get well soon. And thanks for taking the time away from your sick bed/couch/DVD collection of the complete series of Smallville to load the pics.
For research of course!
LOL Ray-Anne