Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Okay - It's Your Turn!

Having finished my book in a month (less actually if you include procrastination time and the Take That concert) and having now done the revisions too I'm feeling a bit like this chap >>>

Soooooo my poor wee brain is too befuzzled to think of anything to blog about just yet. Yup, the glass is empty - the muse is on strike - the engines run dry - the...

You get my drift, don't you???

So in this ONE OFF SPECIAL OFFER NOT TO BE REPEATED UNLESS IT ACTUALLY WORKS I'm offering you the chance to ASK TRISH ALMOST ANYTHING and I shall come back and blog upon that very subject - Ta-Da!!!

Now don't be shy. Books? What am I reading? Ideas? Where do I get them from? Writing? Got a burning question to ask? Life? What's my daily routine like? Characters? How do I make them what they are? Ireland? Whats the best thing about living here or the my fav place to go? Speed? How do I get the words down when I'm on a tight deadline? Come on - ALMOST ANYTHING. And the *almost* is only on there in an attempt to keep it clean... I've *met* most of you lot...

Now you don't want my poor wee blog to be neglected like it has been, do you??? It's this or you get cat pictures or the history of paint or how leprechauns came into existance or a day in the life of one of Trish's cats... SCARED YET??? Oooohhhh you should be....

So IT'S YOUR TURN - ASK TRISH ALMOST ANYTHING...

p.s. It might also make it look like I have friends if you join in...
p.p.s I also make an AMAZING agony aunt so if teenagers are making you insane or you're in love with Hugh Jackman and are worried about becoming a stalker or you're worried you're addicted to Youtube then they all count too... just prefix them with DEAR TRISH ... ALMOST ANYTHING - remember???

13 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh dear ...

Dear Trish

My teenagers ARE driving me insane, I'm in love with ... Richard Armitage actually and I have a horrible addiction to YouTube.

Also would love to know how you get the words down when you're on a tight tight deadline. Doesn't your brain ever go to mush in pure panic?

I hate you for finishing btw! Now plan our Italy trip!!!

Ray-Anne said...

Dear Trish
I don't have any teenagers or pets to drive me insane, but.. well, it is a bit embarrassing really.

I have a strange desire to talk about people who only live inside my head. I write what they say down, and, well, imagine them talking to eachother. Inside my head.

There. It is now out in the open.
I feel a lot better.
Is there any hope for me?
The medication does not seem to be working,,

I also wonder how to keep the motivation up when writing and editing a specific story.

Are speed and focused activity in that specific world the answer?

Or do you just have to accept that there will come a point where you simply do not want to open that Word doc one more time without groaning?

You can see I need help aunty Trish. :-)

jill said...

Dear Trish,

Do you have a set goal for how many words you write per day? Do you have certain time of day? Any good luck charms?
As for Ireland, just from my observation on the other side of the pond it seems to have changed a lot in the last twenty years or so (from a place of economic struggle to a financial powerhouse). Would you say that's true or is that just a perception held by other countries? And if it has changed, how has that changed other things about it? Of course, you can always get out of this one by saying you are too young to write about the last twenty years!

jill again! said...

Oooh, and how do you your heroes? You seem to create heroes that are nice guys (which I like!) and still have conflict. I've tried that and it is hard. Okay, now I'm done.

Rachael Blair said...

It's too late to think of a question - my brain is mush from NaNo writing, but I like Jill's questions!

Donna Alward said...

See and I had a great question and then you HAD to say keep it clean.

Oh! Here's a question! Don't you have another Romance due before Christmas?

*ducks*

jackietoo said...

When it's time to edit, do you ever feel like you're being asked to cut parts of the book that you really love?

JackieToo
*hoping that question made sense :Þ*

Michelle Styles said...

How are your horses?

As my daughter wants to know.

Trish said...

WOW

This ACTUALLY WORKED????

Lemme just sit down and let that sink in for a minute....

....

....

WOW.

I shall be answering ALL these questions over the next coming days. You guys ROCK.

And Donna - consider yourself SLAPPED. YES-I-DO. In the meantime I have copy edits for Gabe that I'm halfway through and AM VERY VERY EXCITED cos I have stuff from my competition winner Janet to go through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooooo looking forward to this!!!

Keep the questions coming gang - as many as you like!

Oh and we SOLD AUTUMN! Woo-Hoo! Shall add an excerpt to website later... ;)

Anonymous said...

So Trish tell us about lana lang........

sharon

Trish said...

SHARON!

B-E-H-A-V-E

That is MORE than ONE BLOG and you KNOW IT...

;) Smallville Sunday babes. Bring chocolate...

Mary Blake said...

Dear Trish,

I found your advice to Natasha extremely helpful. Thanks.

I do have a question of my own, though.

Why is it that I can lie in bed, or stand in the shower, or make supper, or whatever, and the whole time, I am seeing and hearing my lovely characters interacting with each other, getting on each other's nerves, loving each other, etc., but then when it's time to sit down with pen and paper (or AlphaSmart or laptop), my brain stalls, and trying to get the tiniest drop of all that drama I've dreamed up down onto the paper is torture?

How do I get past that ugly, ornery wall that crashes down with a dusty thud every time I try to write?

Help!

Thanks bunches!

Mary

Alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.